Chapter 25: Visit

“Lila,” someone said, and I felt myself being shaken.

I groaned and rolled over, away from the shaking hand. But then I froze. I should not have been able to roll away if I was in Wyatt’s arms. I sat up abruptly and my eyes flashed open as I scanned my room. No Wyatt.

But there was my grandma. Even in her seventies she still looked good; skin that was smooth save for just a few wrinkles, sparkly blue eyes, her black hair had only a few strands of grey through it, and she had the body of a very healthy 50 year old.

She grinned at me, “’Bout time sleepy head.”

“Grandma, what are you doing here?” I asked, fully alert as I scanned the room, looking for any sign of Wyatt’s departure.

“Well, I came to visit, silly!” she laughed, patting my hip.

“No, I mean, what are you doing in my room?” I questioned, sniffing the air as inconspicuously as possible. Where the hell was he?

“Waking you up,” she replied, “You do realize its eleven o’clock already right?”

I glanced at my alarm clock. She was right. “Oh well.”

She stood up and stretched. “Well, I’m going downstairs so I’ll see you at breakfast, my little pup.”

I waved and gave her a small smile at the nickname as she left my room. Pup had been my nickname for as long as I could remember, so it didn’t bother me in the slightest that maybe she might know about werewolves. Which she didn’t. Anyways, she called Ivy her kitten as well, even though she wasn’t Ivy’s real grandmother. That’s one of the many things I loved about Grandma; she loved you no matter what.

As soon as she closed the door I paused and listened to her footsteps going down the hall and down the stairs.

“Wyatt?” I whispered, scrambling off my bed. I knew he was here, I could still smell him. I followed his scent to my closet, where the doors suddenly opened and Wyatt popped out, gasping for air.

“Holy crap!” he said, doubled over as he tried to breathe. “I may be a vampire, but there’s only so long I can hold my breath in that tiny closet.”

I giggled at his rumpled appearance. “Well, maybe you should have hidden in the bathroom.”

“It was too far away,” he mumbled, straightening up and staring me straight in the eyes. “Good morning,” he smiled, looking a lot less grumpy.

 “Good morning,” I said with a grin, wrapping my arms around him. “I think...I should go,” I said slowly, tightening my grip on Wyatt. I didn’t really want to leave; I just wanted to stay in his arms all day.

“You should...but you don’t have too,” he whispered, his breath tickling my ear.

“Yes I do,” I said, kissing his neck. I wasn’t the only one surprised by my sudden boldness; Wyatt was standing as stiff as a board. I grinned against his neck and nibbled on his skin.

“Um…I think…I think…”

“You think what?” I asked, continuing to kiss up and down his neck.

“You should go…your grandma is waiting…” he said, and his hands clenching the back of my tank top into his fists.

I laughed. It was fun being in control once in a while to make him squirm. I pushed him backwards until he was pressed against my closet door. “But what if I want to stay?” I asked, inching a little higher along his jaw.

“You…um…” he said, struggling to focus.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” I asked him, pressing my body against his so we were touching as much as possible.