Chapter 37: Ready

“Mmmm,” I hummed, my eyes still closed. Wyatt’s scent filled my nose and I felt his fingers playing with my hair.

“Good morning,” he whispered, his breath tickling my ear and neck. My shoulder moved up instinctively to cover my neck and I rolled over with a groan, stretching my neck from side to side until it cracked. I definitely felt better after that so I opened my eyes, blinking up at Wyatt, who was lying on his side, propped up on one arm as he leaned over me.

This was definitely one of the best ways to wake up on a school morning.

“School!” I exclaimed suddenly, “We have to go to school!”

He put one hand on my shoulder and pushed me back down onto my back when I tried to get up.

“Relax, it’s only seven in the morning,” he said, dipping his head to kiss my forehead.

“Oh,” I exhaled slowly, sinking back down into my pillows. “How long have you been awake?”

He shrugged, sitting up properly as he rolled his shoulders, “A few hours.”

“Hours? Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked, propping myself up on both elbows behind me as I gaped at him.

“You’ve barely been getting any sleep for over a month,” he said, giving me a look, “I figured you could use some rest.”

“Oh,” I said again, “Thanks.” I sat up completely, rubbing my eyes tiredly as I stared at my dim room. It was early in the morning, a week before Christmas. Obviously the sun wasn’t up yet, and even if it was, the clouds would most definitely be blocking out the sun’s rays anyways.

I stretched my arms out completely while Wyatt watched me with an incredibly large grin on his face.

“What?” I asked suspiciously, peering at him.

“I was thinking about last night…” he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Well, I know you were thinking about it even after it when we were trying to sleep,” I pointed out, feeling slightly smug.

He frowned, “How did you know?”

It was my turn to smirk now, “I felt you.” I sniggered, referring to his ‘man problem’ that I had felt last night against me. It didn’t bother me though; it just made me feel awesome at being able to make Wyatt feel that way.

He glared at me while I chuckled.

“Don’t be angry with me,” I said, grinning at him, “Be angry at your little friend,” I nodded towards his lap.

“I beg to differ. That was mostly your fault for being all sexy and kissing me last night,” he accused.

I sniggered, “Yeah, I guess it was kind of my fault.”

He rolled his eyes before straddling my hips again, leaning forward so our faces were inches apart.

“I don’t understand you,” he said, searching my eyes, “You seem so innocent, but you do all these things that I never expect and make me feel things I’ve never felt before.”

I smiled up at him, cupping his cheek with one hand, “Don’t worry, the feeling’s mutual,” I said.

He blinked, “You’ve never…done something like last night before?”

I flushed, “No. With the few measly boyfriends I had it was just holding hands or hugging. Kissing was rare. My relationships barely made it further than hugging.”

“Why were they monks or something?” he asked.

I chuckled, “No. I always dumped them. I knew it wasn’t going to work since I didn’t like any of those guys in that way.”