Chapter 29: Bowling

I walked into the bowling alley and peered around, spotting my pack immediately. Mainly because Mirah and Dakota were waving their arms like crazy and calling my name. Several people around them were giving them funny looks but I just laughed before joining them.

“Hey guys!” I said.

“It’s about time!” Mirah said, throwing her arms up in the air in exaggerated exasperation.

“Yeah, we were beginning to wonder if you were even going to show,” Jared said, standing up.

I made a face, “Sorry, I’ve been a little…screwy lately.”

“Screwy? Our little Lila isn’t a virgin anymore?” Mirah asked, raising her eyebrows.

“That’s not what I meant! And I am still a virgin," I protested, but I must have said it a bit too loud since several people turned to look at me in shock.

“I know what you meant, I just like making you blush,” Mirah winked.

“Can we just start bowling? I really want to see the looks on your faces when I beat your asses,” Matt said, smirking.

I snorted, “Yeah, right.”

“Seriously, Matt. Last time we went bowling, you failed epically,” Dakota said as we made our way to the shoe rental counter.

“I was having an off-day!”

“So you have an off-day every time we come bowling?” Jared teased.

Matt scowled at Jared, while the rest of us giggled and got our shoes. We went to our assigned alley and put in our names.

Well…we put in our fake names. The boys decided that it would be more fun if we put stupid names instead of our real names. Mirah put FashionBabe, Dakota put BuckleBunny, Jared put (surprise surprise) SexyJared, and Matt put Van Helsing.

Me? I put WolfPup because of Grandma and her nickname for me.

Since I was last to put my name in, everyone looked at it, and then looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“My grandma calls me her pup, and the day she arrived she said I grew into a wolf, but that sometimes I would still be her little pup,” I shrugged.

“Hey, when are we going to meet this grandma of yours?” Jared asked as I hit the OK button on the screen.

“Whenever you guys want, she’s going to be here all week so whenever you guys aren’t busy I guess,” I said, shrugging again.

Our game started and Matt was first up. He walked down the two stairs to the alley and picked up a bowling ball.

We were playing with the tiny bowling balls, mainly since Dakota, Mirah and I didn’t know how to play with the big bowling balls that you stick your fingers in.

Just as the first ball left Matt’s hand I caught a familiar scent that made me stiffen in shock.

Oh come on, I groaned internally.

I turned to my right, to the alley just next to ours, only a couple of feet away, and saw Wyatt. And his coven.

Lovely.

My pack and I watched the vampires in shock while they too regarded us with the same expressions.

I avoided looking at Wyatt and instead focused on his coven. I had always seen them from across the cafeteria or in quick passing in the halls, but now I finally had the chance to study them up close.

The black haired girl I recognized as Roxanne, since she was pretty distinctive. Her long curly hair fell about to just below her shoulder blades and even in the dim light of the bowling alley I could see her scarlet lips.