09.

Casley's POV

Once we reached home, I ran for the dining table and grabbed a piece of paper from the stack we kept there. There was a song burning to be written in my head. I quickly scribbled down the lyrics and ran back out to Calvin's car to grab my guitar. When I came back, Taylor was there, reading my lyrics. She looked up and motioned for me to follow her into the "music room". The "music room" is a place where Taylor's piano and guitars are. It's also where she wrote most of her songs.

"Do you have a tune for your song?" Taylor asked. I shake my head. " But I think I know how I want it to be like." I say softly. I look at the paper that was in between us. It had two verses:

I'm writing a song for the universe
I'm sending it out to space
If there was a boy who could hear my thoughts
Across the street in the window display

I'm writing a song for the universe
To rescue me someday
I never had the chance to tell my love
I loved him since the suit of grey

That was all I had so far. Taylor stood up and picked up her guitar. She strummed a chord and sang. I copied her fingering and predicted her next ones. Soon, we got the tune of the song. Now, I just have to write the rest of the song. I glanced up at the clock. It was almost 4pm! Taylor got up and said, "I'm going to the grocery store to get stuff to cook dinner later. You can work on this until dinner time." She bent down and kissed my on my cheek before leaving. I looked down at the paper and tried to think of what to write. I thought about what had inspired me to write it. A mannequin. That was what inspired me. And a little boy dressed in an astronaut's costume. Well, a mannequin head actually. I saw it when we drove past a garbage truck. It laid there. Waiting to be rescued. Waiting to be helped. The more I thought about it, the more I realised that we were so environmentally unfriendly. We used so much plastic in our lives. Another line came to my head. 'I'm sailing, sailing. In this great pacific garbage patch '. I wrote it down. The moment I did, another came to mind. I continued to write and write.

Finally, after about 20 minutes, I had the whole song written down.

"CALVIN!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "What? What? What happened? Are you hurt?" Calvin rushes in. He looks very sweaty. I guess he was moving his things just now. I giggled and patted the floor opposite me. " Listen to this. I just wrote it and Taylor helped me match a tune to it." Calvin smiled and took his seat. I strummed the intro chords and cleared my throat:

I'm writing a song for the universe
I'm sending it out to space
If there was a boy who could hear my thoughts
Across the street in the window display

I'm writing a song for the universe
To rescue me someday
I never had the chance to tell my love
I loved him since the suit of grey

I'm sailing, sailing
In this great pacific garbage patch My love for you is forever
Nothing will break me down

I'm sailing, sailing
You are nowhere to be found
I believe one day you'll join me And we'll sail round and round, round and round

Oh is that you I see
Illusions they keep haunting me
O! Tragedy

I'm sailing, sailing
In this great pacific garbage patch My love for you is forever
Nothing will break me down

I'm sailing, sailing
You are nowhere to be found
I believe one day you'll join me
And we'll sail round and round, round and round

Round and round
Round and round

I strummed the last chord and looked up. Taylor was there - again, like magic. I smiled up at them and waited for their comments. "It was beautiful,sugar. You have a gift for everything. I'm so proud of you." Calvin said proudly. I giggle and wrap my arms around him, careful not to crush my guitar. Taylor stroked my arm and whispered with tears in her eyes, "I'm so happy. You're really an amazing girl. You make everything seem so easy and happen in the snap of your fingers." I slowly untangle my arms from Calvin and my guitar. I stand up so my hands wrap around Taylor's rib cage. " You too, Taylor." I whispered. She stroked my hair and slowly pull herself away.

"Come on babe, let's go make dinner. " Calvin pulls Taylor away and gives me one more smile. I smile back before collapsing onto the nearest chair. I look at the piano that was across me. Taylor taught me how to play piano when I was 4 but I didn't know many songs. I could play "All Too Well", "I Know Places", "Shake It Off", "I Knew You Were Trouble", "Party In The USA", "I See The Light", " Beauty And The Beast" and a few classical pieces. I walked over to the piano. It was a grand piano and didn't have a cover. The piano I had at home had a cover. "Beauty And The Beast" was my favourite. I played and played and played. Before I knew it, half an hour passed. I turned around, about to go ask if dinner was ready. Then, I heard a scream.
.
.
.
.
.
.
B O O !
who screamed ? dont worry, no one is gonna die yet. im so tired.

vote and comment ✏✏

love you guys ! 💜💕

💛💛,
zoie