12.

Taylor's POV

I was jolted awake by a shove from Calvin. I sat up immediately and checked the time. It was about 7.30 in the morning and groaned. Calvin shoves me again, finger on his lips, motioning me to keep quiet. I looked at him questioningly and notice the streamers and balloons. Then it hit me, I had forgotten yet again ! I pulled myself off the couch and walked into the kitchen, giving Calvin a kiss. "Wow, Calvin, you got everything ready but can't do the actual baking?" I asked, raising my eyesbrows. Calvin smiled sheepishly, "Well, you're the pro at baking. Not me! Now hurry before the princess awakes."

I roll my eyes and happened to look up at the broken window. The events of last night came rushing to me. The break-in. The crash. The scream. The broken window shards. The warning. I blinked, furiously trying to get it out of my mind. Calvin noticed what I was looking at, came up to me and said, "Hey, don't let it get into your head. I won't let anyone hurt my girls." He gave a reassuring smile and squeezed my shoulders. I try my best to smile and start making the cake.

After about 45 minutes, the cake was in the oven and I was exhausted. I had made a 2 tier cake, one tier was vanilla and the other was chocolate. "CALVIN!!!! COME AND HELP ME MAKE THE DECORATIONS! NOW!" I yelled, immediately regretting it. I looked up the stairs. No footsteps. Either Casley didn't hear us or did and pretended she didn't. Calvin came and glared at me for screaming. I rolled my eyes and dragged him into the kitchen. There was fondant in the fridge, which I assumed Calvin had bought. I've decided to add Casley's favourite things onto the cake. My list looks like this:
1) ballet slippers (yellow)
2) her name (multi-coloured)
3) a film tape
4) a mike and music notes
5) oreos (real ones)
6) polaroids (the ones with pictures printed on them)
7) her album cover
8) her guitar

Calvin had ordered 4 edible polaroids with pictures and her album cover. I cut out the ballet slippers and use edible glue to glue the parts together to make it look 3D. *Ding* I pulled on a glove and took the tray out of the oven. The cake turned out beautifully. Calvin had carefully placed the polaroids around the 1st tier and her album on the top of the 2nd tier. I put the ballet slippers on top of the 1st tier at the side. Her name went onto the side of the 1st tier. The guitar and other stuff went up next. "Yes ! Finished !" I exclaimed. I stepped back admired the cake. Calvin put his arms around me and kissed my forehead, "Well done babe." I look up at him smiling before locking my lips with his.

After a minute or two, we pull apart. "Let's put this in the fridge." Calvin motioned to the cake. " What time did you ask the guests to come?" I asked, while clearing a space for the gigantic cake in our fridge. "About 10.30. It's near lunch so we can swim and eat." Calvin explained. I nod before asking, " Mind showing me your present for Casley?" Calvin smiles slyly, and says, "Come to the back." He opens the door to the backyard and whistles. A little kitten comes running. " OMG ! She's so adorable! Is Olivia and Mer okay with this?" I asked, worried that they won't get along. " Like I've said many times, I got it all covered." Calvin puts his arm around me again and turns me around. The scene shocked me. Mer was actually playing with the kitty. I guess the kitty was just as special as Casley was. I smile and say, " I'm gonna wake the birthday girl. You hide the kitty." Calvin salutes, making me giggle.

While walking up, I realised that I was still in my clothes from last night. I walk pass Casley's door to my room to change. I open the doors to my walk-in-closet and run my fingers over the first shelf of shirts. My finger lands on a purple dress. I pull it out. It was the dress I wore for my "Speak Now" tour and was one of Casley's favouriye costumes. I pull off my top and shorts and slip on the dress. I look at myself in the mirror. "Mm, why hello pretty lady." A voice comes from behind me. I turn around, startled. My heart calms down when I realise that it was just Calvin.