FOUR

MAISIE WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS dressed in blue jean shorts and a t-shirt that she had tied in the back, showing of the belly button ring that stood on against her sun kissed skin.

"Why aren't you wearing a costume?" Keithie asked his older sister.

"I am. I'm Ariel from Footloose, but a more updated version of her." Maisie shrugged, leaning on the wall as her Dad walked in the house.

"Hey Dad. Why do we have to wear costumes and you don't?" Keithie then asked his father.

"I am wearing a costume. Bruce Springsteen, born in the USA." Lenny struck a pose.

"Who's Bruce Springsteen?"

"I guess some guy with a giant butt." Becky said.

"Huh? You don't know who the boss is? I stink as a father."

"Bruce Springsteen is a Singer-songwriter." Maisie explained to her two younger siblings.

"I don't suck as a father!" Lenny exclaimed, pointing to his eldest.

"You do not stink as a father." Roxanne walked over beside her daughter. "You are the best father I know. Which is why I don't understand-,"

"Why I don't want another baby? Because I don't want one! Let's more on from that."

Roxanne ran up the stairs, crying.

"Way to go big guy." Maisie rolled her eyes at her father.

"Tell her it wasn't you Dad, it was your flabby ass." Keithie said.

"Do you want me to "accidentally" break the other leg?" Lenny asked before going up the stairs.

"So, Keithie, I know you can't do much, but I was thinking about asking Mom and Dad if we could go back to the lake house from three years ago. Inviting everyone and stay for more than two day." Maisie informed her brother and sister, "You guys up for helping me convince them?"

"Yeah!" The two exclaimed.

"Great, we'll ask tomorrow after the party."

(*****)

"Maisie!" Lenny called as he walked towards his friends, looking for his daughter, "Come here!"

"I'll be back." Maisie told Braden, who was playing with Becky and Rodney with her and going to her father. "What's up Dad? You guys look good."

"Thanks, Margo." Kurt smiled, "It's good to know that you'll be here next year."

"Yeah, thought it a good idea to finish high school with Andre and my twin."

"Did you know your mother was pregnant?"

"She's pregnant?!" Maisie exclaimed, wide eyed, "Mom!"

"I take that as a no."

(****)

"LOOK WHO'S IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD! SOME OF LENNY'S FRIENDS FROM THE GOOD OLE J GELIS BAND!"