Chapter 12

~ The night before Beast's funeral. Its June. ~

"Hey Shank." I whisper as most of the boys come into my room.

"How ya holdin'?"

"I've been better."

"I think we all have, hey uh boys y'all wanna give me a minute with her?"

All the boys stand and walk from the bedroom to the living area and Shank walks around the bed to my side and sits down by my legs. He gives them a pat before he looks over at me, "How are you?"

"I'm okay. I know that he'll be okay, wherever he is he's okay. I still feel him, so I know he's alive."

"You can't think like that Belly. You have to realize he's most likely dead. Gone forever. It's the only way you're going to completely heal." He says slowly.

"No. He's alive. And even if he doesn't come back, he's still alive."

"Ella he's dead damn it!" He yells, standing from the bed.

I pull the blanket up to my chin, "I can still feel him Shank. I know he's out there somewhere." 

"No he isn't," he says shaking his head, "you need to let him go tomorrow. You need to let him go for you, for you to be able to move on." He walks out the bedroom door and slamming it closed.

I glare at the door with silent tears running down my face because deep down, deep in my soul I know Beast isn't coming back and that Shank is right. That for my own health, I need to leave Beast in the past.

~ Day of funeral. They are already at the cemetery. ~

"Beast, he was a great man. He seemed like a bad guy if you just looked at what he'd done or what people said about him. He cared for everyone in town even those who hated him. Even when he was thrown out by his parents, he found a way to check on them and make sure they were safe. He always made sure everyone he loved and cared for was safe and he brought in the only girl he has ever loved when she had no one else." Mr. H says, standing at the front of the group.

Everyone from three different charters came down to Beast's funeral. Most of the town was here, except his parents. They seemed glad he was gone, they said, 'Good. No more of his issues to ruin our family's name."

Only his brothers had come to the funeral and they currently were sitting right next to me, and holding each other. All three if them were crying silently and were just staring at the large picture of Beast by his bike.

"He made sure Ella had everything she needed at any cost, because he was good man. Ella seen the good in him, and knew he could do better and for a little more then a year she pushed him to do better and he did. May his soul rest easy." Mr. H finished with a sigh and then walked over to Mrs. H and their children.

I stared at the empty spot where he stood. I was meant to go speak next and I knew everyone was waiting for me to go and say something.

"Go on Belly." Jason whispered from behind me.

He gave me a gently push forward. Slowly I make my way to the front of the group. There has to be over a hundred of us, easily. I look over the entire group. Most of the smaller kids are playing because they had no idea what's going on. Wives and older girls are crying. Some of the men are crying but most just have faces full of grief. I take a deep breath to steady myself before I say anything, "Beast. Beast was a good man. Most of the people in town who disliked him didn't know him. I met Beast when I was eleven and I didn't like him very much, he made me drop burning hot oil on myself," I laugh at the memory and others do as well, "and he told everyone that it wasn't like he dropped the oil on me. He was full of anger and rage for a long time. I didn't like him very much when u was younger. He was always mean to me and was never really nice to anyone. And then he was thrown out and found the MC and he was nicer after that. And soon enough we became friends, good friends and I could tell him anything and everything and he would do the same. And when I got in trouble for talking to him, I kept talking to him because he was different. He was there for me when no one else was or could be. He took me into his room at the clubhouse and even offered to by us a house if I didn't like living in the clubhouse. I don't care what anyone says or has said, he was a good man. May he rest wherever he is."