Chapter 20

"Jonathan Drew Wolf! Bring your ass down right fucking now!" Mrs. H bellowed at me the moment she walked into the bar.

I nearly ran down the stairs, no one ignores Mrs. H when she yells at you.

I walked into Mr. H's office and was told to sit, so I did.

"Did you threaten Ella about taking away Joey from her if she didn't come back in three days?!" She yelled at me and slapped the back of my head.

I hung my head in shame, "I was upset Mrs. H. Im sorry, she just stormed out of her like I didn't matter!" I yelled back.

She slapped the back of my head again and sat against the desk, "Like you left her?"

"It's different. That was different." I say back, defending myself.

"You just want it to be different. You gave her a time limit, a day, a number of hours. You left her, then she had a funeral for you, she cried for you, laid up in bed for hours without eating or drinking, and then she almost dies in a car accident?! And then she finds out she's pregnant!? And its yours?! And then she had to raise him for three months without you! She thought her son would never meet his father, never know who is father is! You don't get to just come back and start living life how it was before you left! You have to explain yourself, give her time and pray to god that she'll at least let you see your son. She gets as much time as she needs and wants. I don't give a single flying fuck what you want, this is solely up to her." She yells at me, her face turning slightly red for her anger.

"Mrs. H, I was upset. I wouldn't ever take Joey from her, I know what she's done and been through."

"I already know why you did what you did, Nate told me everything last night. I expect Ella to know by tomorrow morning. Now get out of my eye site, I'm disappointed in you." She says waving me away.

Sighing, I push away from the chair and walk back into the bar slamming the door behind me. Stomping, I walk over to the bar and sit down a beer is quickly sat in front of me by a prospect.

Rod, our resident drunk comes by and claps my back before sitting next to me, "Good to have you back Beast."

Talking a sip of my beer I nod at him, "Good to see our resident drunk still lives."

"Go talk to that Ella girl, she's very sweet and caring you know? She helped me a lot over the past few months, I don't drink as much as before because of her." He explains.

Looking over at him, the man is maybe in his early forties. He's been coming to this bar since I was old enough to sneak in and even before that. He's the only man in town who still drinks at our bar and isn't afraid of us, "I know Rod, she's fucking amazing ain't she? A literal fucking angel."

"You got this Beast, you know I had a girl like that once?"

I chuckle at him, "Oh yeah? Tell me 'bout her."

A small grin graces the man's face as his eyes glaze over and he leans back in his seat, "Met her when I was fifteen and got with her when I was 17, I'll be forty-seven next month, you can do that math. I was with the girl for six years, and she was everything you could ask for. She was a wonderful women, her name was Isabella, but we called her Bella. I loved her like crazy, and she gave me four beautiful angelic kids, just like her. But then I got addicted to going out and drinking and I fucked everything up. I lied, and fucked her over more times then I can remember but she always came back to me, no matter what. That started around the third year we were together. She never left me, stuck around no matter what I did and loved me when I couldn't love myself, and don't forget she also was a great mother, loved our kids with her whole being. She could make anyone laugh and damn, her smile could make anyone want to smile. She had such a sweet laugh I never thought a laugh could be beautiful until the first time I heard her laugh." he shakes his head as tears wail up in his eyes, "then a club took her out. A really shitty, small MC took her away from me," his voice begins to shake as well as his first clench and unclench as he continues talking, "some fuckers way of entry into the MC was to kill a women, didn't matter who, how old or any of that shit. I was drunk when I came home to the scene. He was on top of her, raping her and her eyes had rolled into the back of her head and she was just gone. I took out my gun and shot the fucker eight times in the back of the head and called the police and this club. The club took care of the smaller MC and the police took care of the body. The doctors said her body just shut down from the pain and stress she had been feeling. The point I'm trying to make son is that, we all get a little bit of heaven and not to let it go. Don't let that girl stay without you, you make her happy, even my drunk ass can see that." He finishes and then wipes his face and let's out a small laugh.