Chapter 19

My eyes flutter open as light shines thrown the thin curtains on the other aide of the room. I blink a few times to adjust my eyes to bright light and the push myself up in bed.

Slowly everything from last night floods into my mind, making me go through every emotion I can possibly feel at once. Sighing angrily, I throw the blanket off of me and throw my legs over the side. Looking to the side, I see that Joey is still out cold so I move him closer to the middle and put pillows around him and put the blanket back over him before I stand up.

I look over at the clock and it says 6:40 a.m. Joey usually wakes me up at 7:30, so I have a little more time to myself this morning.

I walk over to the bags I threw to the ground and place them on the edge of the bed. I unpack them and hang clothes up in the closet and fold Joeys things and put them into a dresser. Running my hands over my face as I sit, I sigh and then grab my phone from the side table.

Turning it on, I see that I have a maybe a hundred missed calls and more then seventy messages. I tap on Beast's name, I read the first few messages.

"Three days. I mean it Ella. If you don't come, I'll go and get my son."

I laugh at that one, he wouldn't know how to care for a kid if someone was with him 24/7.

"Nevermind that. I know you're mad and upset with me but I had to do it. I had my reasons and if you came back, I can explain them now. It was important for the club and was to keep us safe."

"I love you Ella and I missed you, I'll see you in three days."

My heart beats at that, 'I love you Ella.' I love you too Beast, I love you too.

I turn off my phone and toss it down to the bed. I get out clothes for Joey and a diaper with other things I need for when he wakes so I can give him a bath. Walking over to him, I give him a light shake and he finally wakes with a cry and then he blinks a few times and finally looks over at me and lets out a giggle.

"Good morning baby," I say as I move the pillows and blanket away from him, "How did you sleep?"

He just stares up at me with wide, confused eyes.

"Mommy didn't sleep so well, and that's because of your Daddy he came back last night. And I know, I've told you for months and even before you were born that he was gone and might not come back, but he did. And mommy is very happy about that, but he lied to me. So in three days, when I've thought about everything, me and you will go see Daddy, and we'll have a talk then." I talked to Joey about everything as I walked him over to the bathroom.

I checked the water one last time with my hand before I slowly lowered him into the water.

Sighing, I continue talking to him as if he was a good friend, which he is, "I love your Dad a lot baby. But he has really ruined my trust with this. I thought he was gone or even worse, dead and I had to live with that for almost a year baby, but then you came along a few months ago and you look just like your Daddy and you made me feel so much better and made me feel like my old self again, but then he came back. And told me he had lied and it had to be done," sighing, I dry off a hand just to wipe the tears on my face, "And said I had to be believed with my emotions, so he couldn't tell me. He could have told me that too. He didn't have to hurt me like this."

Turning, I lift him up out of the water and reach around and pull the plug to drain the water. Then I wrap him up in his towel and lay him down on the bed and get him ready for the day. Then I feed him and keep talking, all the while his big eyes are locked onto mine and watching everything I do. I smile down at him and whisper, "Alright, nap time for you. I'll leave my problems to someone else and not your little mind." I turn him and burp him then rock him until he falls to sleep.