"She doesn't- look at her!"

seven- "she doesn't- look at her!"

I followed Michael into exam room B, watching him hit the exam bed, making me wrinkle my nose before I moved onto it.

"Your moms here." Jake spoke- looking to me.

"Lucky me." I fake smiled, watching Calum grab his tablet- looking to my mom as she walked through the door, shutting the door behind her.

She sat- leaving Jake standing beside me.

"She's going to say shit about my weight." I whispered to him.

"No she won't- not in front of them-" "do you not realize that's literally why we're here?"

"Ready to start?" Calum smiled- interrupting our whisper session.

"Sure" I breathed out, making him stand.

He took my temperate and pulse before quickly getting my blood pressure- nodding to it- seeming pleased.

He grabbed his stethoscope, easily putting it down my shirt- making the room go dead silent.

I looked to Jake, seeing him now focused on my mom, mouthing something to her.

I hit him lightly as Calum pulled away- moving to my lungs.

"Don't hit me" he quickly laughed quietly, making me smile as he made me take deep breaths.

"Perfect." He spoke, moving back to his tablet.

"Weight and height." He spoke, clapping his hands together as I let my head fall back slightly.

Jake patted my back gently- making me move to stand.

Mom even stood for this part- making me send Calum a quick look, which he sent me a quick wink.

I stepped on- watching him play with the little things before letting out a small laugh

He got my height.

"You can step down" he spoke simply, making me do so before he silently we back to his tablet.

"What was it?" Mom asked as he typed on the thing.

"One hundred and ten pounds." He spoke- seeming almost pissed.

"That can't be right-" "it very much is." He finished, nodding lightly as Jake grabbed me, pulling me into a backwards hug.

"Then why the hell does she have fat?" Mom laughed out, and my eyes went straight to my feet

Out of all the embarrassing things she's ever done- this one was the worst.

"She doesn't- look at her!" Calum spoke, literally standing.

"Your daughter is maybe fifteen pounds away from being anorexic, do you realize that?" He spat quickly.

"You may have pushed her into a damn eating disorder because of the way you treat her-" "I treat her fine!" Mom almost yelled back to him.

"You just told your fucking daughter she had fat!" He spoke- anger very visible.

I let Jake continue to hold me as I looked to my feet.

"I've seen you twice and you've said things that very much concern me as your daughter's doctor." He spoke.

"The way I treat my daughter is none of your concern." She spat out quickly, moving to stand.

"None of my concern?" He laughed lightly.

"Ma'am I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say- I could literally call the police right now and accuse you of child abuse." He spoke- which made Michael step into the conversation.

"Okay- okay, I think this is a discussion that Payton shouldn't be in the middle of-" "fucking call them! I don't abuse my daughter- right Paige?!" Mom yelled.

All eyes flew to me, and my head went straight down.

"Paige- tell them that I don't abuse you." He spoke sternly.

"You don't." I spoke simply.

"Now- you can either start discussing ways to help my daughter or I can walk out of this door and find a different doctor."

Calum.

My hands clenched the tablet

I knew I couldn't lose her as a patient- I had to stay as her doctor.

"I apologize." I breathed out- praying that god forgave me for my lie.

I look to Payton, seeing that Michael had her chin in his hand as he spoke to her quietly- so quiet neither her mom or I could hear.

"Your daughter needs to be put on a meal program." I breathed out.

"Her stomach is abnormally small- I'm sure- which means that we slowly need to expand it to fit the amount of food a sixteen year old should be eating." I explained.

"But the problem is- if she eats too much, she throws up which completely defeats the purpose of this." I continued.

"Therefore- there will be no boundaries or limits on what she eats and she eats until she is full, are we clear?" I spoke slowly.

"Crystal." Her mom spoke- still visibly pissed.

"I would like to see her back in two weeks, and I want some weight gain, okay?" I spoke- looking to Payton, who was watching us intently.

"Are we good here, anything else that needs to be discussed or hashed out?" I questioned- watching her mom and her look to each other.

"We're fine" her mom stood, grabbing her purse.

"See you in two weeks." She spoke simply- leaving the room.

I looked to Payton.

"Well, thank you- I guess-" "I want you to think over something." I spoke as Jake left to go catch her mom.

"There's more forms of abuse than just physical." I spoke.

"There's verbal abuse and you shouldn't have to go through that, so just think about it over the next two week and then come to me and we can talk, okay?" I breathed out.

"Thank you" she nodded quietly, sending Michael and I a smile before she walked out, catching up with them.

"You handled that better than I thought you would"

"I need proof- I can't take it to court without proof."