"Promises aren't meant to last"

nineteen- "promises aren't meant to last"

Jake left shortly after our little argument and within two hours mom was back home, and I was starting to hate life again.

"Are you cooking tonight?" I asked her, holding an ice pack to my rib as I turned over, planning on getting up.

"No I'm going out" she spoke.

"Will you bring me something home?" I asked, hearing her stop what she was doing.

"You don't need take out food Pay-" "you promised me you'd stop this shit." I spat out immediately.

"Promises aren't meant to last" she spoke, making a laugh come out from me.

"you have no food here-" "we have celery and salad-" "celery is fucking disgusting." I spat out.

She let out a load groan

"You need to focus on your body- what you're letting happen isn't good"

"I know, mom."

There was no reason in arguing- she was going to prove her point either way.

"Thank you." She breathed out.

"Now, you stay home and eat healthy- I will be back around eleven." She spoke swiftly.

"Why are you going out?" I asked- I mean

I did fall down my stairs yesterday- giving myself a concussion and broken ribs, you'd think she would want to stay home maybe.

"What is it illegal to go out now?" She spat at me, making me laugh lightly, moving to stand.

"Maybe you should go on a jog-" "I have broken ribs" I spoke, giving her a 'are you fucking stupid' look.

"What's the gyms motto?" She raised her eyebrows towards me

"No excuses" I quoted- sending her a fake smile as I started slowly climbing the stairs

"But I don't know" I spoke

"Maybe you should break some ribs and get a concussion and then you and I can go on a jog together." I spoke swiftly

"Then we'll see your opinion on that."

"Stop being so fucking bratty!" She yelled, making me stop at the top of the stairs

"I am your mother and you will respect me!" She yelled, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"I work so hard to keep good on your plate and to keep you happy!" She yelled, making me roll my eyes lightly.

"And all you do is complain, yell at me and roll your fucking eyes like the little brat you are!" She yelled.

"Maybe that's why your father left."