"Tell me what you love about her"

thirteen- "tell me what you love about her"

I woke up the next morning- sighing as I looked to my mom who was standing in my doorway.

"What time did they leave last night?" She asked me, raising her eyebrows

"Like- ten thirty" I shrugged lightly, rubbing my eyes.

She nodded
"Well get ready- Ashton has your appointment at the fucking crack of dawn."

I showered- throwing my hair into two Dutch braids before putting some light make up on.

I slipped on leggings and a big long sleeve from my school.

I slipped my long socks on before slipping on some random vans.

I grabbed a granola bar on the way out, seeing my mom actually smiling.

We went to the car- listening to music on the ride there.

We were a few minutes early- so we sat in the car together, myself humming to a song as she scrolled through her phone.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, dropping her phone to look to me.

A little shocked at the question- I looked to her,  blinking for a second before clearing my throat.

I shrugged
"I'm fine"

She nodded, not taking her eyes away from me.

"Jake texted you?" She asked quietly.

"I texted him last night- he hasn't responded." I mumbled quietly.

"He'll probably come to the gym" she spoke quietly.
I nodded to agree before looking to the clock

"We better go"

We walked in together- almost immediately seeing Luke, who sent me a wide smile.

"Come on- I'll bring you to Ash"

Mom thankfully stayed in the waiting room and I walked with Luke- seeing a sudden smile come onto his face.

"What's so funny?" I asked, seeing his eyes meet mine- his smile increasing

"Welcome to Chili's" he quoted- breaking out in a loud laugh- making me shake my head, almost disappointed

"I should've never introduced you to old vines."

We went into Ashton's office where him, Michael and Cal were.

"I found out favorite girl" Luke announced- making them each look with a smile.

"Where's mom?" Ashton asked.

"Waiting area" I breathed out.

"I'm shocked she didn't demand to come with" Calum breathed out.

"That makes two of us"

Soon everyone left, leaving Ash and I.

Him and I sat beside each other on the couch and just started out with a small conversation- nothing specifically about home life- just school and what subject I liked.

"So it's just you and your mom?" He asked, making me nod.

"My mom has a son but he left with my dad when I was little and we just- don't worry about them" I shrugged lightly, making him nod.

"Tell me what you don't like about your mom." He spoke, making me look to him slowly before breathing out

"She's very- strong minded on what she believes, no one can really change her views on anything." I spoke.

"She doesn't have much- compassion, she's kinda like, a rock" I laughed lightly

"So, no attention?" He questioned

"I mean" I breathed out

"She listens to me and talks to me when I need it- but like if I need a hug, or just like a shoulder to lean on, I have to go to Jake-" I froze when saying that

"Well- I did go to Jake"

Ashton and I talked back and fourth

Nothing that upset me

He just let me point out every little thing my mom did that got on my nerves.

"Now" he breathed out

"Tell me what you love about her."

"Well- she's my mom" I laughed, making him nod

"Details of what you love about her."

I looked to the window- thinking

"She passionate about what she loves- which is something I wish that I had." I spoke, making him nod.

"Continue."

"She loves me" I spoke- not knowing much more- feeling like a huge dick.

"You're out of things, aren't you?" He spoke quietly.

"I love my mom, Ashton- I swear-" "I know you do Payton, that's more than clear to me." He spoke, grabbing my hands

He took my hands, facing the palms to the ceiling.

"You should have more likes than dislikes about your mother" he admitted to me

"But Payton- being honest here, it's not your fault that you don't."