Chapter 5 Competition

I woke up bright and early the next day.

The sleep was great, best I've ever had. I changed into some clothes and went to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast.

Never did I knew someone was actually watching me in the shadows cooking.

Hayden's POV

She's beautiful. She's perfect. She's gorgeous. She's strong. She's the perfect Luna.

I watched as she started to take out some eggs and a pan. She cracked open the eggs with ease and let it drip onto the pan.

The egg yolk started sizzling as it turned white. I then smelled strong egg scent through my nose.

She dropped the egg to a plate and added soya sauce. She then proceeded to cook the bacon in another frying pan and settled the plates.

After three sets of that, she stood up and wiped sweat off her face and looked at her dish with satisfaction.

I saw her take a deep breath.

She walked to the knife area as I watched her cautiously as she took a knife. Then, she let the knife slice her wrist.

I was about to go when she said a few words.

"Mama, this was a tradition you made up. You said that when I find my mate, I shall pledge my loyalty to him by cutting my wrist and let the blood drip till it's dry. Well, I've finally done it. Your death wish has been granted. I love you mama. Papa, I hope your treating mama right up there. I hope you're proud of me." She said.

I just stood there motionless. I could just watched as she refrained from letting tears run down her cheeks.

Every inch of my body was urging me to run up to her and hug her. But being the stupid me, I just watched.

She stood there silently and looked at her wrist again, it had healed.

"But this doesn't mean I'm willing to be luna." She whispered.

I whimpered a little, feeling slightly hurt.

She then took some oranges and started squeezing the juice out. She threw the oranges into the bin and put the glass juice on the table and wrote something on a piece of paper and started to walk to my direction.

I darted away and hid somewhere where she wouldn't see me.

I watched her go upstairs and close the door and walked to the kitchen table to see what she wrote.

Enjoy your breakfast Diana, Luna (girl who I was strangling) and Alpha.

I was shocked as she called Amanda her Luna.

She's the Luna! My mate is the Luna! Not Amanda!

I saw she had scribbled away a word before Alpha. Seems she wrote something else but cancelled it out.

I flipped the paper and certainly, the pressure of that word was still there.

3 T A M

It's spelt Mate.

She-she called me mate...

I tore the paper and threw it into the bin.

This will not be acceptable. I swung her door open and saw her combing her hair.

She turned her head.

"Alpha." She lowered her head.

"Why?"

"Why what?"