Chapter 28 Lost

"Come, my child. To Hell. "

"Hell?"

"You won't cause trouble for anyone. And you get to be punished for all the wrongs you've done. Hell is the only place where you'll be accepted for you really truly are. Everyone there is the same as you. And you won't be singled out."

That sounded...nice. Soothing.

"And..how will I get there?"

He smirked.

"Kill yourself. Once you've done that, you're immediately transported to this place. Where everyone will welcome you with love and you'll live peacefully. "

"Really?"

"Of course! Why would I lie to my little child?"

"O-okay."

He nodded and passed me a silver knife.

"Now, the sooner the better child. Your mate will live a peaceful life I promise."

He will live a peaceful life. That's enough for me.

So without hesitation, I took the knife and stabbed it into myself.

It was painful. But it felt good. I deserved it. And now, I can have a peaceful life...

Hayden's POV

3 days. And I felt like shit.

And 2 nights ago, I felt half of my heart shattered and died. Like..literally. And I knew it was from mate. The pain was so excruciating. I actually ripped the sheets off and had a forced shift.

I kicked mate's door down and found she wasn't there.

I had assumed she was just upset and needed some time alone. Even the word love...seems too strong for my feelings for her..

And 3 days later, I had assumed she ran away.

Dude, you are giving up in her wayyy too easily. What kind of Alpha and mate r u?! U clearly know something very very VERY  bad had happened to her and you just say "I assume she ran away"?! You are a disappointment!!! Sorry, was just thinking this while writing..again. don't mind me :D

She infuriates me. I had told her what I felt and look what she chose to do.

And 3 days later, I'm back to being a couch potato and sulking down.

"Hayden, could you maybe possibly just maybe...forget all about Annabel?" Diana approached me.

"I had. 3 days ago."

"So you mean you won't go look out for her anymore?"

"Yes. She was the one who f*cking left me. Why should I reach out for her."

"So you're meaning to say...you give up on her?"

"Yes."

Surprisingly, that word came out of my mouth very easily. I had no regrets saying it.

"Sure you have no regrets with your choice?"

"Diana, why are you asking me these questions now?"

"N-no reason."

I stood up from my chair and walked towards her. And the closer I am to her, the more I could see her sweating profusely.

"There is nothing you're hiding from me?"

"N-no."

"Cos Annabel had already broke me, I don't need you to do the same."

"I-I would never lie to you Hayden. Trust me."