Chapter 22 Lies

"All passengers boarding the America plane at 3pm please check in now. Thank you." The speaker said.

To think I was trying to avoid this country just a few weeks ago. And here am i.

I shook my head from that thought, grabbed my luggage and went to the check in point.

My heart was pounding as I realized I was 1 2 3 4 steps closer to mate.

I was terrified to be honest.

After the way he treated me back then, I just didn't want to go through that again.

All the things I've done to humans, all missions I've completed, all the blood on my hands, going to mate was the most scariest.

He's gonna be angry. He's gonna be so angry I came back. But I have no choice, mate is targeted. What could I do except protect him? If he gets hurt because of me, I don't know what I'll do.

You love him. Admit it.

N-no! I just don't want him caught in my mess.

Keep making excuses all you want. I know you.

Don't forget Kyra, he hurt us. He hurt us physically.

Yet, you still want to protect him.

Just- ugh! I can't deal with this anymore.

Haha!

Do I love him?

Yes!

No!

No, I don't love him. I just don't want him to be caught in my own mess. That.is.all.

*skip plane ride*

*skip sneaking to territory and running for my life in order to not get caught*

Now, I'm panting. I'm panting really hard. But finally, I'm standing before the door of my mate.

Adding 1 month from I escaped and 2 month since leaving him, this is the first time I'm at this house for 3 months. And so much has happened in those 3 months.

I took a deep breath and open the door. And thankfully, it was unlock.

And- when I thought it was peaceful, the entire pack was there. No wonder the door was unlock.

The pack faced me, with widened eyes. They don't know whether to be happy to see me or angry I left.

But...they didn't even know I was their alpha's mate. So...

"Luna."

"Luna."

"Luna."

"Luna."

"Luna."

I heard everyone saying "Luna" and one by one they all kneeled down before me.

I was shocked. I was stunned. I was so surprised.

"I-"

"Please, don't leave again." A pack member at my right pleaded.

"Don't leave us. We need you Luna." Another said.

"Did we do something wrong?" One asked.

My eyes were watery. I couldn't believe it. I left for 3 months and they were suffering.

"I- I'm really sorry. I'm so very sorry." I cried. I couldn't take it anymore.

Suddenly, I felt a small hand grab mine.