Chapter 14 Mistake

"Annabel..." He repeated.

"That's beautiful." He added.

He brought me closer to him.

"Thank you. For telling me your name."

He felt so safe. He was like a shield, willing to protect me at all cost.

"Don't tell anyone. No one can know. Can you do that for me?" I asked.

"Why."

"I... Just.. please."

He sighed.

"Ok."

He pulled me closer to him till our bodies were touching each other. He felt so warm. I felt his muscles flex and reflex. It was soothing. Would this man be my knight in shining armor?

"Don't leave. Promise you won't leave." He said.

I don't know how I should respond. So I just remained silent.

"Annabel?"

He said my name. He said it so easily. Like the words were only meant for him to speak. It easily rolled off his tongue. No one has said my name for so long. Not even my mother. I sighed in relief, and just placed my hand on his bare chest.

He tensed up.

"I'm tired."

He smiled.

"Then sleep."

I closed my eyes. And darkness soon consumed me.

Hayden's POV

I was happy. I was so happy like I've never been happy before.

She said her name. Annabel. What a perfect name. So dangerous, yet filled with fire and power and love.

"Don't leave. Promise you won't leave." I suddenly blurted.

But...she didn't respond.

She only placed a hand on my chest, catching me by surprise. Her hand was so cold. It felt like she was absorbing my heat. It felt like she needed me. And..it's the best feeling ever.

"I'm tired." She said.

I smiled.

"Then sleep."

She seemed reassured, and just close her eyes.

God I love this woman. I'm never gonna do anything to break her fragile heart ever again. She's too precious, she's too blinding. She's too fragile.

Annabel's POV (Finally!)

The next morning...

I felt warm. Really warm. I opened my eyes and spotted mate sleeping beside me with his arms wrapped around me.

It was nice scenery to see early in the morning.

I 'escaped' from his grasp. He immediately growled from the loss of contact.

His eyes suddenly flew open and his eyes widened frantically. He scanned the entire room and relaxed as soon as he saw me.

"You're still here." He said.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave." I quickly said.

My hand grabbed the doorknob but he placed his hand on mine.

I gasped in surprise.

"Not like that. I was relieved you were still here. Why would I be mad?"