Chapter 29 Broken

Diana's POV

I jumped out of my seat frantically.

"WHAT?!"

He chuckled again.

"He's the alpha, of course He would know if his mate had died. He is not stupid Diana."

"T-then, h-he really given up her?"

"Seems so." He shrug.

"B-but.."

"Annabel is dead. What can you do about it." He placed his hands on his shoulder and sighed.

"You're not upset at all?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I am. I'm devastated. But Hayden's worse. My sadness can't even once compare to his. "

"I..."

"I understand u wanted to hide the pain from him. But he has already felt it through the mate bond. There is nothing u can do even if you wanted to."

I sulked down back. What was I thinking? Of course he would know. But...why didn't he say anything? And I'm pretty sure when I asked him about Annabel in his office just now, that was his true answer and no lies were made in that sentence.

Hayden's POV

"Long ago, two wolves bonded with each other. Their love was strong, unbreakable. But then, one was separated from the other. Devils broke them apart, taking the female into their wing and brainwashing her. Many years came and she had the mindset to kill her love. On the battle field, both challenged each other, but only one survived. The other killed itself, in order to be reunited with its loved one. No one knew who died first, so that remained a mystery. Devils still roam across, in search for the girl. While they were still together, the two have secretly passed their power to another couple, in hopes they can defeat the devils. Years have passed, couples with that power are passed down from every generation, yet, none defeated the devils. "

That was what my great great great grandfather told my great great grandfather. And my great great grandfather told my great grandfather. And my great grandfather told my grandfather. And my grandfather told my father. And my father told me.

Basically, the story had been passed down from generation to generations. All my great grandfathers wasn't the chosen couple. But unexpectedly, I was chosen. Along with my mate, Annabel.

I didn't accept my fate when I realised this. Fighting demons? Saving love? Why do the demos even want to end it? Or separate that couple? Because they're demons? Thats too simple.

When I found my mate, she was broken, bruised, lived in fear. But the fury and arrogance in her heart couldn't be ignored. She had the body of a lifeless human, yet a heart as strong as ice; beautiful yet cold.

I had thought we could make it. I mean, that's probably what every chosen couple would think and believe right?

She had trust issues. But it's probably because due to her state of mind. She showed signs of trust but I easily broke it every time. It hurts me that she couldn't rely or trust me.

I had became so soft for her, and she repayed me with all this shit.

Till I was fed up. Given up. Lost. Confused. Tired. Of chasing her.

I had done all I could.

I had completely let her decide what she wanted to do without questioning her.

But the answer she gave me...was very unexpected.

But if this was what she wanted, and this would make her happy and live a peaceful life, then by all means, go to heaven.

Yo dumbass, she went to freakin hell! Who said she went to heaven you piece of @%$_#%! Ugh I'm so mad at Hayden! She went hell aka she died, because she thought she was a burden and if she died you would live normal and happy life! She loves you! Understand?! Ahhh!!!

Eh? Was someone yelling at me or something?

YES!

Hmm, never mind. But what she decided would mean she was happy doing it.

And I need to accept it.

We aren't that couple.

We aren't the ones who are going to defeat those devils. Maybe she had fallen into the demon's trap. Maybe she did it of her own will. I will never know.

I wanted a happy marriage life with her. I had planned to propose to her once every misunderstanding between us had been resolved and we- no, she, can trust me.

I took a box from my desk.

And that, was the ring I was gonna use to propose to her

And that, was the ring I was gonna use to propose to her. But now that she's gone, there's no use.

I took a simple black string and hooked it in the ring. And I wore it.

At least now, I can still imagine her being with me at all times.

I'll miss her. But at least I know she's happy. I just have to move on.

She's gone. And I can't do anything about it, not now, not forever.

The door just a few centimetres away from him is the gateway to a new life.
If he walks out, it would mean he has put his past behind him and he's ready to start a brand new life as alpha of blood moon pack once more.
And he did.
He once had his mate, whom he was happy with. But his mate made a crucial decision, causing both to suffer even though they thought what they're doing will make the other happy.
And now, just like what the devils had wanted, both are separated and nothing would bring one back to the other.
The devils struck at the bottom downpoint, where one was at it's weakest, and attacked from there.
They were chosen by the moon goddess, she thought they could do it. But one mate was weak, while the other couldn't support her enough. In conclusion, there was a downfall.
No longer were they the chosen couple.
Now, one died and one is broken.
The Luna of Blood Moon Pack is dark, deep, mysterious. The alpha is no different, but he supported his mate and Luna in spite of everything. The Luna couldn't.

Thus, she was known as the Black Luna throughout history.