Chapter 12 Broken Trust

"Honey, I'm so sorry for doing this. I hope you'll find somewhere in your heart to forgive me in your life. Don't forget how much I love you." My mother cried.

"Mom? What's going on?"

She didn't say anything, just continued to cry.

"Mom?"

"Mom?!"

Two men behind me suddenly dragged me to a car.

"Mom! Help!!" I yelled.

But she just sat there crying.

"Be strong my darling!" That was what she last said.

The men shut the car boot with me inside and that was the last time I saw my mother.

I heard gunshots.

But why?

"Mom...mom, im scared.."

But there was no one who could save me now. I'm all alone.

I woke up in cold sweat. Not that dream again... That dream has been haunting me since the day I was captured. It just comes and goes.

When I do have it, I try my best to remember that day. Because it was the last time I saw my mother.

I went to the kitchen for a quick drink. It was late at night right now, everyone was asleep so I tried to be as quiet as possible. I poured a cup of water and gulped it down. But I don't think I can sleep anymore.

I sat on the couch in the dark and just stared into blank space. It was just seconds after someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Out of instinct, I grabbed the person's finger and tossed him up. He landed in front of me with his back slammed on the floor. I held on to his finger.

"Jesus." He groaned.

Huh?

"Who are you." I asked quietly.

"I-Isaac."

Isaac? Who's that?

"Isaac?"

"Hayden's delta. "

Oh.

I let go of him and he got up, arching his back to straighten it out.

"Sorry. I thought it was an intruder."I apologized.

"No shit. So what are you doing out here?" He said while sitting on the sofa with me.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares?"

"Something like that."

"No wonder."

We stayed silent for awhile. I knew he kept glancing at me, waiting for me to speak. But I just didn't know what to say.

"Don't you want to go to sleep?" I finally asked.

"Nah. I can't sleep too."

I sighed.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Are you and mate close?"

"Mate?"

"Hayden."

"What?!"

I slapped his face.

"Shut up!" I whispered loudly.