Chapter 27 Breakdown

I was dripping in cold sweat.

The way he was gripping my hand, explained everything he was feeling right now. The anger, the fire, the heat, all through his hand and to me. It was terrifying. So this is the power of the alpha of the blood moon pack.

"W-what do you mean by t-that?" I dared to ask him.

"I won't repeat myself."

"But I am. I told you everything. That was what started my torture and four years after that. Then I was brought here. That's all."

"Is that all you know?"

Man that's an intense question.

"Yes." I gulped.

His eyes were gazing through mine, like he was commanding me to tell him everything right that moment. I kept my ground, and he let go.

As soon as he let go, I felt a sudden rush of guilt, but also relief. I let out my breath that I didn't know I was holding.

He took a deep breath and faced me in the eye.

"If you're sure." He said neutrally.

Once he said that, I quickly left.

Back in our room, I took out the diary.

Dear Diary/Notebook,

Mate had confronted me once more. I had told him about my past. Well, only the part on how I got there. The rest are all torture and rape. And he knows that. But I was taken aback when he told me "What else are you not telling me. " I didn't know he knew. Unless

I stopped writing.

That day, mate had embraced me in the library. Did he- Was he listening? Did he hear every word me and Isaac were saying? And- Oh my, how did he enter the library without me knowing? Was he hiding or something? Or- he knew everything, and was just waiting for me to tell him. Oh my gosh.

I can see towards mate, I traced his scent all over the house and found him in the broken forest area- the place where I showed him my powers.

He was standing there, still staring at the damage I've done 7 months ago.

"Hayden..."

"Why. Why didn't you tell me everything. "

So he knew.

"If you knew, why did you still ask me?"

"Don't you know?"

He turned to face me.

"I wanted you to tell me. I wanted to know the truth from you. I wanted to find out everything from you. I even tried to give you "hints". But you just refuse to say anything. "

"I'm sorry. I really am."

"How many times have you apologized already love. How many times."

Multiple.

"Many times."

"I have tried Annabel. I really have."

I know you did.

"But I just can't seem to fit into your heart. I just can't seem to earn your trust. And I'm getting tired. Really tired love. So please, tell me. What else can I do to make you trust me fully? Because I'm on the brink of giving up."

He seemed so strong. Yet he was so broken and dying inside.

"I..I- don't know." I replied.

"Annabel, I'm not sure how long I'll last. So please."

And with those last longing words, he took 1 2 3 4 steps and left. His skin barely brushing through mine.

My heart shattered once more. And only he can make it happen more than once.

He's leaving. So I chased.

I ran to catch up to him. But the faster I ran, the further he is from me.

"Hayden! Wait! Hayden!" I struggled to say.

He wasn't replying. He was just walking further.

Till someone blocked my way.

Someone tall.

"He won't come back you know. You've broken him. And he's given up on you. So why are you still chasing him."

"Because I love him!"

"Huh? You love him? Don't make me laugh! What have you done to love him anyway? Haha!!"

"I-I"

"You did nothing. You've only caused him pain and distress. He's really better off without you."

"But i-"

"You caused him this. You are the reason why he is so weak. He's so vulnerable and can no longer defeat his enemies. And you know why? It's because of you."

"He-"

"He was never this weak in his life till you came along. He always stood proud and tall and held his title as alpha of the blood moon pack, the most feared pack in the world. And after you came, what's been happening to him? He had to make time for you and make sure you are loved. He makes sure you get whatever you want or need and he is willing to even neglect his duties as alpha just to attend to your needs. And what do you do? You are still unwilling to tell him things he should know."

"What can I do?! I've had a rough past. I can't possibly trust so easily anymore."

"And you think he has it easy? You think you're the only one with a terrible past?"

"W-what?"

"See? You claim you love him, yet you know so little about him. You don't even know what he has been through as a child. And he still cared for you and hid the pain from you from talking about your childhood. What he's been through is way worse than what you've been through."

"W-what happened?"

"Who knows. You should ask him for yourself."

I tried to go around that tall figure but he kept blocking me. He was blocking my path, my view. He is making sure I don't see Mate. He is doing everything to make sure I will never see him.

"Mate is also unwilling to tell me about his past, isn't it the same as me?!"

"Hiding the pain is worse than saying it. "

"That's the same as me!" I was trying. I was trying to talk him down.

"Is it? Is it really?" He came closer to me and said it with cold eyes.

He knew. I knew.

"No..."

He smirked.

"You're only causing grief. So if you want to make him smile and be happy, leave him. Don't ever come back. And go somewhere where you will not cause anyone trouble."

"Like...where?" I give up. I gave up. I gave up already.

He smiled so tenderly.

"Come, my child. To Hell. "