Chapter 19 Encounter

After Dylan brought him to the car I spotted mate walking out of the hotel. He must've spent the night here as well. I wonder why....

I took my glasses and told Dylan to bring him to #12-09 Cait Street. "Just toss his body on the door front, ring the doorbell and leave." I instructed.

Then, I ran after mate.

Why? The fuck I should know.

He turned to an alley and I followed.

"So, have you found her?" I heard him ask.

"Dunno. I thought she would be here." That voice kinda sounded familiar.

"Diana, she's not here. I already told you she wouldn't be here. But you still insist." Mate continued speaking.

I peeked my head forward and saw Diana dressed in all black and Mate in a suit.

Diana's eyes spotted me and she gasped in shock.

"Anna-"

I used my hand and shook my head vigorously with a finger on my lip.

"Anna?" Mate repeated after her, about to turn over to see who Diana was mentioning.

Before I could turn away, Diana caught his attention again, she spun his shoulders towards her so that he was only fixed on her.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said frantically.

"Who's Anna you were speaking of?"

"Anna....is the friend I've met."

I leaned back against the wall and kept listening to their conversation. I didn't even know why I wasn't leaving. It's like my legs were begging to stay.

Mate...Kyra kept repeating.

Kyra. You miss mate don't you?

Of course. And you do to.

Even if i do, he hurt me. I..just can't forgive him again.

Annabel....

Kyra, you and Zane are one soul, you two need each other. Think of it as.. mate and I are your "carriers". So if you do need to see him, I'll gladly do it.

That's just an excuse.

N-no?

Yes! You've never really thought about the "soul" thing before! You're just using us as an excuse. You miss him Anna!

I don't!

Yes you do!

I don't!

Yes. You do...

I don't.

We both miss him alright....

....

I really can't argue with Kyra... I, really can't. Because that would be going too far as to denying what I really feel.

Without thinking, I snapped a picture of mate and Diana posed.

I shook my head with a smile.

"Diana? Why are you lifting your hand?" Mate asked.

He was about to turn to look again when Diana spun his head back.

"Oh just shut up and keep talking."