Chapter Twelve: A New Title

Sheema remained in the dark for a long time, her body was slowly repairing the damage done by the force explosion.

It was the jarring the finally brought her around, before that she had known someone occasionally hovering over her for a moment, then disappearing.

But she finally realized she must be in a ship somewhere, and it was landing. Slowly she sat up, her head pounding at the movement. Looking around she was shocked to see she was lying on one if the bunks in the small cabin if her own ship!

Slowly she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, and stood up. Her legs were a little shaky, but other than that she seemed strong again.

She made her way to the cockpit, obviously she wasn't flying, and her autopilot couldn't be trusted that far.

Walking in Sheema's mouth dropped open to see M8-AE calmly sitting in the cockpit bringing the ship into a landing cycle... Right into their little landing pad on Endor!

"M8! What are you doing here?" She burst out, not quite sure what to think if him being there.

"The droid turned his head partway around, apparently realizing she was there for the first time.

"I see you have recovered Mistress. You were sick for several days. Luckily my former master programmed me with basic life support skills." He said, his robotic voice totally natural.

"What... How did you get here?" Sheema asked, collapsing into the copilot's seat.

"My scanners picked up your ship while you were fighting, I decided to wait there. You saved my life, I have only limited protocol data installed, but that is a worthy thing. Especially for someone like me that can easily be replaced with a new model." He explained, breaking from their conversation to pull a few levers.

"So you found me?" Sheema asked, wanting to know of she had him to thank for helping her.

"Why yes, my sensors followed your progress Mistress. Once you collapsed I came and dragged you here. I asked you where you were stationed and you indicated Endor. I hope I was correct in my translation, you were rather incoherent at the time." He said, his tone almost apologetic, as though he was expecting reprimand for getting the location wrong.

Sheema mentally shook her head, still amazed that here.

"No M8, you got it right, I live here... And thank you M8, I really needed the help that day." She replied her tone grateful.

"I was glad to be of service Mistress." He said while pulling the lever for the landing struts.

Suddenly Sheema realized that she had never contacted her master! For all she never Master Lieleon would think she was dead, or worse and abandoned her trials...

As soon as the ship settled she bolted out the cockpit and down the still lowering ramp. She paused for a moment, looking around to see exactly where M8 had landed them...

Sheema was almost knocked over by the force of two arms wrapping around her.

"Thank the force you're back!" Lieleon said happily, as she pulled away Sheema saw the look of worry still stamped in her face.

"What happened on Honoghr? Did your communicator break, I've tried contacting you for almost a week!" She exclaimed, still holding Sheema at arms length.

"I believe the fault is mine, with Mistress Sheema incapacitated I was unable to locate directions to operate the radio system." M8 said, Sheema turned her head to see the robot standing in the top of the ramp. She could almost hear the caution in his voice while he studied Lieleon.