Chapter Sixteen: Rebuilding a Purpose

Five years....

How could it five years have passed since her life effectively fell apart? What was her purpose now? To stay in hiding until one of the Sith decided to conveniently die? Not that Sheema didn't want that, she just knew it wasn't happening any time soon...

Sheema pulled her hood tighter, the sand storm had been blowing in full force during her arrival on the planet, and aster two days it was just starting to wan. 

"Mistress, I must ask again if you are sure you wish to  disembark here?" M8-AE asked, coming out from the back room, the ship had taken a real beating while it had been sitting in the middle of the dunes, just outside of Mos Eisley.

"I'm sure M8,  just make sure you stay here, I don't want any scavengers picking you up for scrap." Sheema warned him, lowering the ramp and stepping out onto the baked sand. 

The droid nodded his head, apparently he was timid about this place, as most off-world droids were.

Sheema shook the thought from her head, squinting her eyes against the still swirling sand she began to make her way into the town. It had taken her five long years to track him down, now all she needed ti do was find him. 

Walking along the crowded streets Sheema didn't bother to check any of the faces, she knew she would sense him first. Besides, she didn't expect to find him openly out in the town itself, if she had learned  anything for tracking him for the last two years it was that Obi-Wan was careful, Always staying far away from others. 

Sheema stopped in one of the dingy town square, trying to decide where to start this year's inquires. Suddenly she felt a small presence brush up rather roughly against her.  She started and looked down, a small boy, around five or six years old continued on his way, as thought he never realized he had run into someone.

And that's when she noticed the object clutched in his small hand... Her flute!

"Little pickpocket!" She growled under her breath, she quickened her steps to keep him in sight, apparently he wasn't in a hurry, confident that no one saw him. 

Sheema kept just in sight of the small suddenly he came to a broken fence, ducking underneath one of the small holes, here Sheema merely jumped the fence, fearing at first that she had lost him. Glancing around she that he was still in sight, he was leaning up against an old well trying vainly to get the flute to work properly.

Sheema's anger began to melt away as she studied the small boy, he was poorly dressed in the states blue dingy cotton, suggesting that he was a ward of state, an orphan most likely. But his eyes were bright and filled with the curiosity of a young child. 

At the moment though he looked rather frustrated, as he could still not produce the desired sound.  Sheema chuckled softly and stepped over to him. 

"Here, let me show you." She said kindly, sitting down next to him, and bringing the flute up to her mouth.

She played several notes, moving her hands slowly so the boy could watch her, then handing over the flute to him she nodded for him to try. 

The boy watched her cautiously, as thought expecting her to grab the flute and run off. When she handed it back his eyes became wide. Carefully he took, it and brought back to his mouth. He played a few clumsy notes, prompting Sheema to marvel at his memory, his fingers copied her movements exactly. 

"There, see?" She said with a smile, the boy nodded his head, and turned back to studying the flute.

"It's nice." He said finally, speaking for the first time. Sheema smiled and nodded her head.