My Death: Meeting Him

Today I would meet him. Today was the day I'd been dreading.

I had to admit one thing, though--today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly, birds were chirping, flowers were blooming...it was stunning.

I heard a knock on my door. It was my dad.

"Hey, Anna," he said, "we're going to head to the plaza to meet Matthew in a few minutes."

I sighed. "Okay. But don't expect me to get along with him."

He nodded a goodbye, then closed the door.

I texted Esmee.

Belle-A-Boo: Meeting Mr. M in a few minutes.

E-Z-Being-Esmee: Poo. Have a good time. Tell me when u get back if he's hot or not 😉

Belle-A-Boo: Thx. I'll try. Trust me, honey, if he's hot, he's mine.

E-Z-Being-Esmee: Whatever you say. Cya l8r.

I turned off my phone and got out of my bed. I ran a comb through my dark curls a few times, then pulled down my aqua sequined tank top just a bit, which I then tied into a knot, showing off my tan, flat stomach.

Let's do this.

&-&-&-&-&

"Matthew Costas?"

We were now at the plaza, calling for Matthew. Finally, a boy with deep sea-blue eyes and light blond hair stepped towards us. His slightly tanned skin was pronounced as he walked.

"Are y'all the Green family?" He asked, looking at me square in the eye, as if he was judging me.

My mom reached out her hand. "Why, yes, we are."

As they shook hands, I turned away and looked at the beautiful three-tier fountain in the center of the plaza. It's crystal clear waters ran all the way from the top, then cascaded down into the bottom.

I felt a poke in my belly, and I squeaked, glaring into Matthew's smiling eyes. I had to admit, he was pretty darn cute.

"Ticklish, hmm? That'll come in handy for teasing you." He grinned. "I'm Matthew."

"I know." I snapped, glaring at him some more. But when I saw a hint of a frown on his face, I softened my eyes and eased my attitude. "I'm Annabelle."

His smile appeared once again. "Hmm, we need to work on your happiness, otherwise you'll end up being the Grinch who stole summer."

I tried to stay into my don't-give-a-crap mode, but a giggle cracked through, which then turned into a smile. He was funny, I admit.

"Or maybe I'll be the reindeer who ran over your grandmother...but instead of your grandma, you'll be taking her place." I teased, my eyes glinting.

He chuckled. "You're not so bad, Annabelle. Maybe we can be friends." He reached out his hand.

"Don't push it." I said, reaching for his hand, but instead of letting me shake it, he reached out and tickled my side.

"No, hehe......don't do thahahat!" I squealed, struggling to contain my giggles as he moved to my very ticklish, exposed tummy. "Nohoho!"

He laughed at my mirth, but stopped his assault. "Okay, okay. You're just so ticklish."

"Hmph."
"Grump."
"Am not."
"Grinch."
"Am. Not!"
"Hermit."

That did it. I tickled his neck, catching him off-guard. He squirmed away from me. Heh, the sweet bliss of vengeance.

"Alright, you two," Mom laughed. "Let's go home."