Confessions and Tickles

"Mom?" I called, limping down the stairs. My knee was hurting really bad, and it had been for a few days. I couldn't even lift my leg.

No answer.

Out of all people, Matthew comes out from around the door. "Matthew, have you seen my mom?"

"Nope." He said, pulling his shirt down. "Maybe she went out."

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Hey, want to play 'Don't Break the Ice!'?" He asks out of the blue, like it was the most expected question.

I giggled. "Just out of the blue....'Want to play 'Don't Break the Ice!'. So random. But sure."

"Okay, great." He shuffled his feet. "Leggo."

-&-&-&-&-&

Half an hour later, we had finally figured out how to assemble this thing. We made the blue stand, and then assembled the 'ice' inside from the bottom. We then flipped it, put the skater on the ice, then got to work hammering.

I hammered at an end piece with my yellow pick, letting it fall to the table with a somewhat loud thwack. I'd played this game before a few times. I was decent at it.

Matthew went for a piece towards the middle on the left side. It then fell.

We continued picking the ice until Matthew had trapped me by leaving only two sets of ice holding it up. If I picked any of them, they'd go flying down to the table.

I sighed in defeat. "Ah, you win."

"Ah, ah ah. Not yet. You could still win. Get that piece there." He pointed to a side piece. If I was lucky, I could pick it without the whole thing falling down.

I carefully hit it, and when it came down without so much as a shift in the other pieces of ice, I hooray-ed and held my arms up in a victory dance.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah," he tweaked my armpit, wiggling his fingers as he did so.

I squealed. "Hehehe! No tihihickling!" I put my arms down quickly, pouting playfully.

"Okay okay." He smiled and let himself lose.

Before I was about to scream "VICTORY!", I stopped myself midway. Completely frozen, mouth open, arms up...

Crap.

Before I could react, he scribbled his fingers up and down my side and belly.

"NOHOHOHO! PLEAHAHASE! EEK!" I giggled and squirmed around on the couch, trying to avoid the tickles.

He snickered, moving to my neck. "This is what you get."

I stopped struggling. "Not...hehe....gonna....laugh......"

"Is that so?" He cocked an eyebrow playfully, suddenly digging into my hips and waist, making me scream out in hysterical laughter.

"AHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA! NOOOO!" I screamed, shaking violently as a tear ran down my cheek.

He stopped suddenly, and I took in a big grateful gulp of air. "You're crying...guess I went a little overboard." He smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry. A little?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "Okay, a lot. It's kind of fun though, so I get carried away."

"You like tickling?" I asked curiously.

He nodded. "Yeah, but I prefer being a 'ler more than a 'lee."

"I'm the opposite. I guess I prefer being the 'lee." I admitted.

He smiled, showing his white teeth. "I'm glad to see we're on the same page."

I nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Another game?" Matthew asked, looking at the ice scattered on the table.

"I'm good......you can clean it up though." I winked playfully, then regretting my smart aleck remark.

He gawked, tickling my feet. "You too, missy!"

"NOHOHOHO! NAHAHAT THE TOHEHEHES!" I squealed and giggled, curling my toes.

He smirked. "You must like being tickled, you find ways to tease and annoy me."

I blushed. "I like it and I don't like it...I don't--KNOHOHOW! AHAHAHAHA! EEP!" I withered into a giggling mess as his hands darted into my waist. My extremely ticklish spot.

"Ooh, jackpot." Matthew chuckled evilly, wiggling his fingers along my waistline, driving me to absolute insanity.

"AHAHAHAHA! EEP! NAHAHAHAHA!" I shook my head, squirming away from him, until I hit the end of the couch and shielded myself with a pillow.

He smiled. "Ticklish spot?"

"My worst one."

"Hmm, that'll come in handy for later."

"Oh, please no. I'm too ticklish there."

"Heh. You mean, 'Please Yes'. Too bad, I'll still tickle you."

I scooted closer. "Oh really?" My hand wandered down to his left side, tickling it as I looked him square in the eye.

He laughed. "Yes. Don't do that." He pushed my hand lightly away.

"Oh my gosh! You're impossible! How do you think I feel?" I said.

He leaned closer. "I think.....you like me."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"Yes. And guess what......I like you too."

His words were so faint, I could barely hear them. But when his lips brushed mine in the softest, nicest way, I knew that was something I'd do again.

"Wow..." I whispered. I guess I had never been honest about my feelings to myself. I liked Matthew. No, I loved him.

He smiled, blushing. "Sorry, I got carried aw-"

I cut him off, taking his face in my hands and kissing him. When we pulled away, I spoke. "No you didn't, sweetie."

He smiled. "Annabelle..."
"Yes?"
"I......love you."
"Matthew?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you t-too...."

And then we wrapped our arms around each other, watching the sunset through the window.

--
Author's Note: Sorry for the short part y'all! I felt like that was a really good place to end it, and if I continued it might ruin the one-on-one moment they had. MUCH LONGER parts coming in the future! Stay tuned lovelies!