'Paradise' Forest

We trudged through the lively forest, watching sparrows fly here and there, the wind blowing through the grass. We eventually came across a waterfall, it's water shining golden due to the sun, cascading down the rocks into the stream below.

"Who knew forests could be so beautiful?" I smiled up at Matthew.

He rolled his eyes. "Now you notice."

"Well excuse me, this is my first actual time taking such a long stroll in the woods."

"You've been missing out, then," he turned me around and pointed at a flower. Its pinkish purple petals beautifully stood out amongst all the green of the grass and tress, and the brown bark.

"It's an orchid, right?" I asked, tentatively touching the gorgeous petals. "So pretty."

"Yeah, it is. You have swell classification skills." He winked at me. "My girlfriend the nerd."

I blushed at this, due to partial irritation and partial shyness. "Nerdy and proud." I shot back, defending myself.

"Whatever you say."

We walked on for a few minutes, until I had to pee.

"Matthew, I gotta use the loo. Is there one nearby?" I asked.

"Yes, actually," he said. My eyes brightened in relief. "Over there."

When I saw what he was pointing at, I glared at him. "I am not going in a bush! Do you think I'm insane?"

"Yes, actually."

Why am I dating him again?

I hardened my glare.

He burst out laughing. "Just kidding. There's a port-a-potty over there."

"What."

"This is the woods, Annabelle! Wilderness at its finest."

"We're going home."

"Nope. Either that port-a-potty, or that bush. Your choice. The potty at least has toilet paper and hand sanitizer."

I groaned and reluctantly went inside the potty. "Stay there."

"Trust me, if I could run, I would. But you'd hunt me down."

"Shut up, you jerk."

I heard him chuckle. The nerve.

I did my business and used the hand sanitizer. It had aloe in it, which was kind of refreshing. But still, I'd prefer water and soap any day.

I went out, looking for Matthew. "Matthew, come on. This isn't funny. I wanna go ho-"

"BOO!" Matthew came out from behind me, tackling me to the ground with him, tickling my sides.

"NO! MATTHEW NAHAHAHAT HEHEHEHERE! MY HAIR!" I realized that my hair would now have dirt in it because of this jerk.

"Cheer up, you grump!" He moved to ticking my tummy. "It's too much of a beautiful day to be such a grinch."

I giggled, trying to stop his tickles. "Ehehehe! Stahahahahap!"

"So cute!"

"Ahahahahaha!"

He stopped, much to my relief. I stood up once I had untangled myself from his arms, brushing the dirt off my butt and hair.

"My hair is dirty now." I groaned, putting my hair into a messy bun.