Rain and A Surprise: Part 2 of 2

As the rain poured down on us, Matthew and I sat down on the concrete of the abandoned parking lot for ToysRUs, which had, not too long ago, closed down.

"Okay, so I want you to take this sheet of paper and write down the best thing that has happened to you during the week," I said. "Include details. Make sure your punctuation, grammar, and spelling is on pointe."

"What is this, grammar class?" Matthew rolled his eyes teasingly.

"Just do it." I stuck my pencil into my loose messy bun.

He jotted down a few words. I read them.

"'Pooping for the first time in a week. Date: Wednesday'."

"Yep."
"You gotta be kidding me."
"Nope."
"So, not even my birthday?"
"Oh! Right! Here, let me change that."

I held my face in my hands. How did I put up with this boy? I didn't even know the answer to that question.

"So, how has your day been?" I asked, making polite small talk.

He shrugged. "Més-a-més."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I guess mine was alright as well."

"You're such a grump! Cheer up!" He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him, wiggling his fingers along my bare  tummy.

Curse crop tops.

"Nehehehehahahahaha!" I squirmed, giggling cutely as he continued his light assault. I didn't want him to stop....I missed his tickles.

Wait, what?
Me? Miss his tickles that were inflicted upon me?
Am I drunk?
Hell, I'm not even at the legal age.

"Geez, I've missed tickling you." He continued wiggling his fingers, reaching up to my ribs.

"Ehehehehahahahaha!" I squealed, arching my back. 

He smiled down at me. "Hehe, you'te so cute." A rain drop fell on my nose, and he kissed it away and stopped tickling me.

I felt a blush rise and dash across my cheeks and nose as I kissed his forehead. "And you are twice as cute."

"And you're cuter than anyone else that's lived."

I smiled at him, chuckling a little. He was so adorable. I hugged him, and he secured his arms around me, placing his head on mine.

The perfect rainy day.

                            -&-&-&-&-&-
"Are you a camera? Because whenever I look at you, I smile."

"Oh gosh, not again," I groaned, putting a pillow over my head. "Your pickup lines are so cheesy."

"Only the best kind of cheese." Matthew smiled and sat down next to me, rubbing my back.

I sighed in relaxation. "Ooo...thank you."

His fingers ran up my spine and rubbed my sides, causing me to giggle lightly, but still enjoy the back rub. "Ehehehe...how has your day beheheheen?"

"It's been amazing, cutie. I got to spend time with you." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as he rubbed my lower back.

"Thank you.....you've been pretty fun to hangout with too."

                             -&-&-&-&-&-
"How does this stupid thing work?" Matthew shouted at the microwave. "Why do you have to hit five million buttons to make popcorn?"

I giggled. "You don't. Here, watch," I said, cancelling Matthew's buttons he had pressed and pressing Popcorn. "See?"

"Oh. I, uh, didn't see that." He ran a hand through his hair, embarrassed. "Thank you."

"Mmm hmm."

After the popcorn was made, we both went into the living room to watch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, one of my favorite movies.

Skip to after eating the popcorn, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

--
Author's Note: Holy guacamole! 1.25K views! Thank you all so much!

Xoxo,
Ashley