Donuts

Matthew plopped a box of donuts on the table by the seat next to me. "Go nuts."

I looked up from my book to raise an eyebrow at him. "What's the occasion?"

He shrugged. "Passed by a Dunk N' Go on my way to the post office."

"Alrighty then. Maybe later. I'm not hungry," I said. When his eyes dared to question my appetite, however, I explained. "French toast for breakfast."

He sat down across from me. "Today is going slowly. What do you think?"

"The more you question, the slower it seems."
"Wiseass."

I smirked, giggling while shaking my head. "You betcha." I kicked my feet into his lap from under the table. "Massage?"

"No way! Not with your snarkiness." He playfully tickled my feet, in order to get me to move them off his lap.

"Hehehehy!" I giggled, but his plan worked. I sat criss cross applesauce.

"Heh. Who's the wiseass now." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Oh, real mature."
"Something you're not."
"Jerk."
"Weirdo."
"Not an actual word."
"Grammar maniac cop."

I sighed deeply, letting out a frustrated ugh. I pressed my lips together and flipped a page in my book.

"I win."

I looked up at him once more, my eyes shooting daggers into his. He seemed to get the message and stood up from the table to walk into the other room.

Once a wiseass ass, always a wiseass.

                           -&-&-&-&-&
"Nnnnghehehehehe. Matthew, behehehehehe careful!" I giggled and wiggled around as he wrote the letters of his name across my toes.

"M........A..........T.............T..........H.........other foot!" He exclaimed gleefully, going ro my left foot to continue his name. "E..............W! Plus two exclamation points."

"Nahahahaha!" I bit my lip, trying my hardest to keep my foot still.

"Hmm....it needs some decoration." He scribbled the marker across the base of my toes, extending out to the middle of my soles.

"Ehehehehehe!" I erupted in shrill giggles, cupping a hand over my mouth to muffle some.

He capped the marker, rather dramatically. "And.....done!" He pecked my nose with a light kiss.

A blush crept to my cheeks as I curled my toes reflexively. I slipped my socks back on. What a mistake it was to finally be barefoot.

He laid down, then sat up and grabbed me in a headlock, tousling my hair and then laying my head against his stomach. He kissed the top of my head and we both closed our eyes, drifting into sleepland.

                           -&-&-&-&-&-

"Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination......" I sung heartily, slapping some peanut butter on Matthew's sandwich.

"Shut up!" Came a groan from the devil in the living room.

".....And when he's tall, he's what we call a dinosaur sen-sa-tion!" I sing even louder, just to piss him off.

He started to cuss me out in Spanish.

"Hey, at least I don't understand Spanish!" I called back.

"Puta!"

Okay, that I understood. I walked into the living room.

"Take that back." I told him, waving the peanut butter knife in front of him.

"Or what?"

"Or this!" I smeared peanut butter across his nose.

He gasped, shocked. "No, I'm allergic!" He started wiping at his nose with a napkin relentlessly.

"Oh, crap! I'm so sorry! Do you need to go to the--"

"PRANKED!" He started laughing hysterically. "I got you good!"

I frowned. "Matthew, you're not supposed to joke about that type of thing."

"I know. I'm sorry." He hugged me. "Forgive and forget?"

"Er...how about just forgive?" I patted his head. "Imma go to bed."

"Okay."

"Night, Matthew."
"Night, Annabelle."

--
Author's Note: Hey y'all! Sorry for the late update. I've been hella busy.

Stay tuned for future updates!

-Ashley