5. Watch me

(Y/N)'s POV

"I'm home!" you yelled as you took off your shoes.

"Welcome home" your father said. He was cooking dinner for the two of you. "Was everything alright today?"

"Yeah" you weakly smiled and went to your room as you didn't have anything more to say.

Your relationship with your father was awkward. It's not that you hated each other or the like. It's just.... complicated.

When you entered your room, Fuku was in your bed. She was a black cat with heterochromatic eyes you had rescued on the street three months ago. That day you were searching for your cellphone in the park. You thought that for sure it would be long lost or somebody would had already stolen it, but then you heard meowing. You went to the source of the sound as you had nothing better to do and found a cat playing with the straps on your cellphone.

And that's why you named her Fuku; it meant good luck, even though black cats are supposed to bring bad luck.. you snickered.

You grabbed the picture frame beside your bed and laid down with Fuku on your tummy. The picture showed a beautiful lady who you were similar to.

"Hi, mom. Today I began my first day at UA, can you believe it? And I even made good friends! I bet you'd like them, they're lovely. Ughh, though there are also not so lovely ones" you groaned when you remembered your encounter with Bakugou and.. Shouto. "Anyways, I miss you... I hope you continue to watch after me. I'm gonna become the best hero out there and save tons of people, just watch me"

A tear ran down your cheek.

.

.

.

(Y/N)'s POV

I arrived at school and sat down on my seat by the window, and to my discontent Todoroki was next to me. Great.

I tried to concentrate on the class but for some reason I felt someone's gaze on me, which made me nervous. I glanced to my right and I was right: Shouto has been staring at me. What?

We locked eyes awkwardly for a couple of seconds, which felt like years really, until we heard a large thud. 'That was intense' You sighed.

"I AM HERE through the door, like a normal person!!"

I could not believe my eyes. He was here, not exactly like a normal person though,you snickered. The hero you aspired to be, All Might. I couldn't contain my excitement as I joined the cheering crowd.

"I can't believe it, All Might's gonna be teaching us!!"

"Foundational hero studies. For this class we'll be building up your hero foundations through various trials. Let's jump right in with this! The trial of battle!"

He then proceeded to show our battle gears. Awesome! I rapidly put on my costume and was a little embarrassed at first. My hero costume was all black. The hoodie had cat ears on the hood and little (f/c) details all over the piece of clothe, a little paw on the chest included on it. There was a large silver bell on my neck that worked as a S.O.S signal in case of emergency. I had black shorts and large socks that went over my knees and boots. And.. a C-CAT TAIL? I facepalmed mentally. What was I thinking when I let Hana submit the design of my costume? Although I have to admit... it looks quite nice on me, and it's really cute.... It kind of reminds me of Fuku. Hehe.

(This is what your costume is like

(This is what your costume is like. Disclaimer: the drawing IS NOT mine. The picture belongs to "Dazuki". I think it is from Deviantart, though I'm not so sure as I found it on Google images, published by another person. If by any chance you know the author and wants me to take it down, I'll do it.)

(And this is Futaba Sakura from Persona 5)

I will have to thank Hana later. She was the only friend I had at my previous school and always defended me. This year she moved to Paris to study design and I felt a little sad knowing we had to part ways, but I know she will kill it, she is a genius after all!

"(Y/N)! You look really cute!" Tsuyu-chan and Ochako said in unison, along with a 'kero' from the former one. Their compliment made a faint blush creep to my cheeks.

"Thank guys! You look really nice too!" The girls smiled and we headed to the training grounds. Everyone looked so good!! It felt like we were real heroes right now, cool!

I exchanged glances with Todoroki. I suddenly became conscious of my cat ears and tail and blushed of embarrassment while looking down at the floor. After knowing that he was Endeavour's son I just felt as if the gap between our levels was huge. I couldn't help but feel a little insecure about my quirk.