28. Clean freak

"Um.. I guess I'll go with Levi..." "What? Cleaning hero, Levi? That Levi?" People raised their voices in disbelief. "Y-Yeah.." "Why him? I heard he's worse than Endeavour." Ochako whispered the last part on my ear so that Shouto wouldn't hear. "Well yeah, but he's strong and agile, and I could learn a lot from him. I'm still no good in battle combat and he could help me improve myself. Plus I'm curious as to why a hero like him would make an offer to me."

"Strong my ass, he's humanity's best cleaner. Good luck wiping your ass off, meanwhile I'll train with the number four hero, Best Jeanist." Bakugou said smugly when he passed us by with his group. "Well I hope he advices you on your underwear choice, asshole!" I said rolling my eyes and he was prepared to kill me but he slipped on a banana peel, making everyone laugh.

"As for me, I'm envious of you (Y/N)! He looks a little scary but he's handsome and as strong as an entire army, and he actually has a large fanbase of teenage girls all fawning over him, which is why he's a popular hero despite him working rarely and only on dangerous missions." Mina said excited with obvious hearts popping out of her eyes.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Shouto asked me worried and I appreciated it. "Yeah, don't worry! I'm actually pumped up to train with him!" He smiled and said "Okay, but if anything happens tell me and I'll... 'beat his ass'." He said joking and imitating Bakugou's tone on the last part.

Pffff he's so adorable my heart actually skipped a beat when he said it. "Oh I'll definitely let you know!" I said between laughs and he laughed too.

.

.

.

After a week, the day came when we were off to meet the heroes we chose. I took the train to the hero agency and the wait was killing me. It was the first time I'd be working with a pro hero after all! After a long ride, I was finally in front of his office and I knocked his door. "Name and business." "I-I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and I came here for the internship!" "Enter." I did as told and I opened the door. He was sitting on his desk doing some paperwork and didn't even spare me a look. He was somewhere around thirty, and he had raven hair and grey eyes, wearing a frown in between. I fidgeted a little before I tried to say something, but he interrupted me before I could.

"You are the one with that bad luck quirk, right?" "Y-Yeah, sir!" "I investigated a little about your quirk and to tell the truth, you are so horrible at it that it ticked me off." He said bluntly and I widened my eyes at his rudeness. "Excuse me?" He ignored me and continued "You don't even know how to use your quirk. You have zero offense and all you do is defend, and badly at that. One would expect you to at least know a little bit of combat to make up for your lack of technique, but no. Are you really aspiring to be a hero?"

Well I knew that already, and that's why I applied here, but seeing that he's this rude I clearly made the worst decision in my life. He definitely lives up to his reputation. "Brat, until you figure out what to do with your quirk, you are to clean the storage room and it better be sparkly clean. Now scram off!"

I swear I only encounter rude people in my life. Sigh.

...

Two hours have passed since I've been cleaning, and my whole body was sore from all the scrubbing and mopping. I decided to take a little break since I've finished and in that moment Levi decided to check on me. "I see that you are lazying around already." He walked around the room looking for any sign of dirt, which I was sure he wouldn't find since I did a pretty good job. But then he placed his fingers under the table and found some dust. I widened my eyes as he had a disgusted look on his face. Really?? Does that also count?!

"Tch, clean that and as punishment run 50 laps around the block. You are not going home until you finish, got it?" I gulped down and nodded as I asked mentally what I had gotten myself into.

.

.

.

I plopped down on my bed dead tired and I couldn't feel my body anymore. That bastard of a shortie got me running until 7 o'clock! I lied still with my eyes closed to try and take a little nap but groaned as I heard my phone ring. I checked it and I rapidly got up on my kness, yelping in pain in the process as I forgot the muscle aches. It was a text from Shouto, and I didn't expect that as he'd never text me unless it was necessary.

Shouto

Hi, I just finished training. How did it go for you?

(Y/N)

Ughh, it was the worst. He made me clean the whole freaking place!
(╯‵□′)╯︵┴─┴

Shouto

What does that have to do with hero training?

(Y/N)

Exactly! I don't know! He's just a short, grumpy cleaning freak. Ughh, remind me again why I chose him?

Shouto

It was to become stronger. Cheer up, I'm sure it will all have meaning in the end

(Y/N)

Pfff yeah right

Shouto

If it gets hard tell me and we could go somewhere to relieve your stress

(Y/N)

Hahah, it might be soon so be prepared!

Shouto

Always. I gotta go, good night.

(Y/N)

G'night!!

I was blushing and grinning like an idiot when he said that. Was that supposed to be a date?? I couldn't take it anymore and I rolled around the bed hugging my cellphone to my chest. 

"(Y/N)! Dinner's ready!" I was startled by his yell and fell from my bed. "Just a second!"

.

.

.

Days passed by and I was still cleaning and running, nothing more. I literally cleaned the entire building at this point! I couldn't take it anymore and I vent my anger at him. "You know, I won't improve anything at this rate! What's the point in keeping me here like a housemaid?" "Brat, you don't talk to me like that. Also, you hadn't come up with a single idea to use for your quirk." "I DID!! AND YOU REJECTED THEM ALL!!" "Well, because they were shitty." I was dumbfounded at this point. I'm leaving this place.

I turned around prepared to leave and I heard him say "Do whatever you want brat. You want to leave, leave. Just know that you are not welcome back here anymore if you do so." "Whatever" I said before I stormed off.

_______________________

(A/N): I just can't stop laughing because of the "cleaning hero" HAHAHAHA. For those who don't know (which I highly doubt), Levi is from Shingeki no Kyojin (aka, Attack on Titans).

The thing is, I was having writer's block for a few days when trying to find who to pair Reader with and what she'll learn, and since lately I'm addicted to Levi's fanfics, it just occurred to me to make Levi a hero, and a cleaning hero at that xD. And now because of it, I have already sorted out what will happen in the next chapters, so I guess it turned out well(?). Anyways, I'm sorry if it's cringy and/or you don't like it, but literally nothing else comes to mind. Just think of it as an OC, idk.

PD: I was tempted to name him "Cleaning hero, Windex"