37. Confession

(Y/N)'s POV

When I saw him chuckle I got mad. "What's so funny, hu-"

I widened my eyes more than ever, not understanding what's happening at all. Was he kissing me?? After what seemed like an eternity, but in reality was about two seconds, he pulled back but we were still inches away from each other's faces.

He stared at me now serious and it was like his blue and grey eyes were piercing through me "Does this seem to you that I only see you as a friend?" He said as he faintly blushed.

I stayed still as my head was spinning, I didn't know what was what anymore. Was this real? No, I must still be daydreaming like before because there's no way that this has just happened. I pinched my cheek hard and it hurt like hell.

"Is this real?" I asked and he looked at me amused "Yes, this is real." I don't buy it. I can't. I tugged on his sleeve and asked "Do it again."

I needed to make sure that this was real and not just me daydreaming again.

He complied to my wish and gave me a peck on my forehead. "Again." This time he softly kissed the bridge of my nose. "Again" Now he kissed my cheek. "Ag-" I couldn't finish the word as this time he took my lips and began kissing me. It took me a while to register the situation, but once I did I instantly closed my eyes and melted into the loving kiss.

He broke the kiss after a while, our cheeks tinted red, and he asked "So... was this how you imagined your kiss would be on the library?" "S-Shut up!" He chuckled and took both of my hands in his. He fixed his gaze on me which made me blush even more.

"(Y/N), I like you. Not as a friend, but as something more than that. I enjoy the time I spend with you and the others, and I can laugh and be happy now. I could leave my past behind and accept my quirk, and I have also reconnected with my mother. All because of you. You changed me (Y/N), and I couldn't be happier."

Steam was coming off of my head at his sudden confession. "Y-You are exaggerating, I did what anyone else would do.." He shook his head denying what I said. "But you were the only one that cared enough to do it. You put up with how I treated you and did whatever you could to make me realize I was in the wrong. Not anyone has the will to do that, and I'm happy it was you who did. I'm fortunate to have met you."

My heart skipped a beat when he said those words. All my life people told me that they didn't want to be anywhere near me because of my quirk, yet he says that he feels fortunate to have met me... Without knowing, a tear run down my cheek. I tried to clean it but he was faster, carefully drying it with his thumb. I looked at him straight in the eyes and after gathering enough courage I also confessed what I felt for him.

"I also like you. It weren't empty words just to comfort you when I said that you were my hero. I mean it, you helped me through a lot with my own little problems and now I feel freed. Sure, I hated you at first but as we spent time together I realised that you were not a bad person. You just had a lot on your shoulders for someone our age, and it made me want to lighten the weight for you. At some point though, I started to get excited thinking about the next time I would spend time with you, and when I was disappointed thinking you only saw me as a friend I then understood that I had developed feelings for you. Uh.. I'm sorry to have thought that you see me only as a friend..."

He chuckled again before saying "No worries. I guess it was partially my fault since I'm not as expressive as the rest, but as long as you know now it's okay." "Okay.." I smiled and he did too. 

"So Shouto... when did you exactly fall for me?" I asked curious and the corner of his lips lifted as he remembered "Mmm... It was (...)"

As we talked, we resumed our walking with our hands now held together.

_________________________

A/N: The end

So guys, I've been thinking and decided to end this story. I know I said that I planned on making this story a long one, but almost everything was solved and I think continuing the story at this point is worthless.

HOWEVER, I'm still going to publish one shots. Some may have connection with the main story, while some are just random events, and I may jump back and forth in time.

I'm not exactly proud of this story (it's messy and some plots are just shitty because of poor planning from the get go), but I have gained a lot of experience from this. Also, I will forever remind myself not to publish a story the same day I come up with an idea (notice that I said idea, not plot. I know, that was stupid of me) (つ﹏<。)

But in spite of everything, I had fun writing every single chapter, trust me. I didn't know writing could be this fun, and if some of you are considering on writing something but are afraid of it being bad, don't worry and just do it (you'll probably do better than me anyways lmao).

I'm incredibly thankful to all of you that have given me support and read this story till the very end. I love reading your comments and they always put me on a good mood (⺣◡⺣)♡*

Without further ado, I'll publish the first extra chapter in a while to make up for the sudden ending.