12. Long way to go

After having discovered their intentions, I was shocked.

So they really do plan on killing him. I-I don't want that, he is the hero I aspire to be! And without him, who knows what will happen...

I didn't know I had started panicking until I heard Todoroki say "Hey, calm down. It's All Might we're talking about. He'll be fine."

I... He's right. What am I doing behaving like a scaredy cat, I'm aspiring to be a hero for goodness sake! Also our friends may be in danger and we have to help them.

"We should go and check if the others are doing alright. I'm worried about them." He nodded and we began to run to the nearest source of noise.

Along the way, I was feeling grateful for what he did and without delay I muttered loud enough for him to hear "Um, I know this isn't exactly the best situation, but before anything I wanted you to know that I'm sorry about before. I was flustered then and I sort of spat out things that I shouldn't have. Also, we didn't really give off a good first impression... But I think that you are a good person and I hope to be friends with you, so will you please forgive me?"

I became anxious as I was awaiting for his answer for what felt like years.  Then, from the edge of my vision I saw him nod and I turned my face to him so I could see him clearly. He gave me a small smile, which to me was more than enough to make me relieved and happy.

Suddenly in the distance we could see some of our classmates around All Might, who was struggling to fight a what seemed to be a muscular bird with it's brain showing..? Either way, we hurriedly increased our pace until we could see the monster was actually clutching hard on All Might's sides. Deku was running to help him but the smoky man from before appeared right in front of him.

For a second, I feared for his life only until Bakugou came into the picture knocking the villain "OUTTA THE FUCKING WAY DEKU!!!"

Okay, now we have to help All Might. And as if he heard me, Todoroki quickly froze the monster bird. I used the opportunity to make it's grasp on All Might slip and cracked him in pieces along with the ice, finally freeing All Might.

Todoroki then began "I heard about you bastard's plan, about each of your roles in your scheme to kill All Might. The symbol of peace won't go down as easy as you clowns." Hehe, sassy Todoroki in action again.

Everything seemed to be on our side but I talked too soon.

The guy with various hands around his body was muttering to himself when we heard "Nomu, go and finish explosion boy over there. We're rescuing our revolving door." And then, the unthinkable happened.

The monster named Nomu emerged from the warp gate and was regenerating itself. "Nomu was artificially created to withstand your 100%, All Might"

"I-Impossible" I said as I felt to my knees, all strength leaving my legs. Suddenly, Nomu was headed at full speed towards Bakugou and a crash happened. W-Was he.. k-killed? Thankfully, my assumptions were wrong when the clearing fog showed All Might and I saw Bakugou winded up next to Deku.

I gasped. After all that, All Might's still standing strong.

"PLEASE ESCAPE" Although the others were protesting against, I understood why he said it. With us there, we were just holding him from using his all in fear that he would put us in danger, so I decided to help him.

When Izuku ran to aid All Might, he crashed against a transparent wall. "W-What? What's this?" "Oh... uh, it truly is UNLUCKY to have a wall preventing us from helping him right? W-Well, we should just head back and not HINDER him anymore hahaha........" I said nervous with my hand scratching the back of my head hoping that they'd take the hint.

Honestly, I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, but I do know for sure that I don't want Deku or any of my classmates get hurt. "Much appreciated, young (L/N)" All Might said to me and I was glad I could finally be of some help. 

Now, I've never seen All Might as serious as he was now. He always smiled whichever was the situation, which made me worry. Right after that, he gave Nomu several punches at the speed of light. "PLUS ULTRAAAAA!!!" and with that said, he gave his final blow and sent the monster flying out of the dome.

So this is the top... We still have a long way to go.

"You used cheats...!! There's no way you are any weaker now!!" "What's the matter? Where did all that confidence go? What happened to clearing the game? TRY IT IF YOU CAN." Wow, I felt shivers run down my spine from All Might's death glare to the leader of the League.

Anyhow, we should leave now that the problem's solved. But... there was something wrong, All Might wasn't moving at all.

"Shigaraki Tomura, please calm yourself" So that's what his name was "If you look more closely, you can see the damage Nomu succeeded in dealing him. If we combine our efforts, there still might be a chance to murder him."

All of a sudden, Izuku was running to their direction "Deku??!!" I gasped. He was now in front of the warp and... a hand came out of it?! "WATCH OUT!!!"

I closed my eyes waiting for the worst to happen when we heard a gunshot. We turned to where the sound came from and we saw that pro heroes were here!! 

.

.

.

After that, we were all gathered outside to see if there was any injured except from Deku. We catched up with each other, and it turns out Toru-chan was with me and Todoroki the whole time. I dropped a sweat, what if he had frozen her? That was dangerous.

Unfortunately, the villains had escaped, Aizawa-sensei was in grave condition, and All Might and Thirteen were taken to the infirmary too.

For the next day, school will be temporarily closed.