22. Friends again?

(Y/N)'s POV

I shielded my body from the sudden explotion that made me take a few steps back. When it seemed over, I couldn't see anything from all the smoke, but hearing the crowd's gasp I quickly turned my head to see Deku falling unconscious outside the limits of the arena. This meant that he...

"Todoroki advances to the next round!"

I was worried for Izuku, but I knew everyone would go and check up on him. As for Shouto, despite him recently opening up to the others, he wasn't as friendly to them as he was to me. So I mentally apologized to Deku and hurried to Shouto's side.

"Sho-" I was astonished when he enveloped me in a strong hug and I could feel his ragged breath on my ear. Not knowing what to do I patted his back in a soothing manner to calm him down. After some time, still not letting go of me, I felt tingles on my ear when he whispered a low thank you. My eyes were starting to tear up feeling overwhelmed as I couldn't keep my emotions inside. I was delighted because he finally accepted himself and it seemed that he wasn't going to shut himself anymore.

I slowly pulled back from his embrace, though I instantly regretted it as I was already missing his warmth. "You did it!" I returned his words with the best smile I could muster through my tears. He wiped them up with his thumb and I was bewitched into his eyes. 

At that moment, some boys passed us by and started whistling at us. "Hey, let's try to keep this PG-13 rated, alright?" And with that they left laughing.

I suddenly became embarrassed when I got conscious of the fact that we were so close to each other when he was half naked from his clothes having been torn.

Damn, those abs... and his well-trained chest... and his...

I quickly took a step back realizing what I was thinking and looked at the floor trying to avoid looking at his well-built body. I knew that my face was as red as his hair. However, he took my hand and led the way to our private waiting rooms, closing the doors.

I was so perplexed as I didn't know why he leaded me to this room. I became alert when he closed the gap between us again. W-Wait, is he going to do what I think he will do? I closed my eyes waiting for that something to happen, when I didn't feel anything at all for the next few seconds.

I carefully opened one eye only to see him confused at my actions. "What are you doing?" "Ah... haha... nothing, I was just umm.... I think I just saw a spider over your... head" I panicked when he looked up and I tried to distract him "BUT DON'T WORRY, I THINK IT WAS A GHOST."

He was bewildered at this point and I mentally face palmed at myself from what just happened. I sighed in relief when he shrugged it off and moved on to another topic. "I wanted to thank you properly, y/n. Midoriya may have been the one that pulled me out of it, but without you I wouldn't have even considered the possibility. You were the one that made me realize why I want to be a hero and that my quirk is mine and only mine, so I thank you for that."

Oh, it's about that. "Haha, I'm just happy that you can be more comfortable with yourself. And I merely did what anyone would do if they knew about what you had to go through; you were the one that had the courage to change your situation. So if anything, I'm proud of you." I grinned at him.

Then it came to me. I'm such a perv, I can't believe I thought he brought me here to k-kiss me when he's such a cinnamon roll.... I face palmed myself harder, but this time not mentally, and poor Shouto must have thought I went nuts.

"Is something wrong..?" "Nope, I'm just chasing bad thoughts out of my head. I'm perfectly fine, don't worry!" I snickered at his confused face but eventually he shrugged it off and continued talking.

"I'm also sorry I said those things before. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just in a bad mood when you brought the topic of my father up. But it won't happen again, I promise."

I was happy he was telling me all of these things. "I accept your apologies, so this means we're back to being friends right?" I said a little insecure. "Yes but.." "BUT?" I panicked a little but he calmed me down patting my head. "About what I said before, although the words came out harsh I still meant them. You told me your relationship with your father grew uncomfortable because of your quirk, and if you may, I want to know why it's like that."

This was all so sudden that I didn't know what to say. He was patiently waiting for my answer but his curious gaze was burdening me. Luckily Present Mic's announcement saved me from this situation.

"It's time for Tokoyami vs (Y/N)!"

I muttered a quick sorry and ran, but before dashing out of the room I could see that he was a little hurt for avoiding it. 

I reached the arena feeling guilty and soon the match started. Tokoyami sent Dark Shadow after me which I barely dodged. To my surprise, he got close and started talking while fighting. "I see that Todoroki used his left side, and I assume that you two have made up?" Dark Shadow came from behind while I was fighting Tokoyami. "Yes, that's right." I managed to dodge it this time, and I made it crash with Tokoyami. "So why does it seem that you are troubled now?" He asked rubbing his beak to alleviate his pain. "I..."

I was caught off guard by Dark Shadow, and he landed a strong punch on my chest. I coughed hard and tried to regain my composure. "I guess I'm afraid of losing him again because of the things I did..." Dark Shadow came at me again and this time I fell to the floor from his attack. "Why? Hasn't he shown you already that he is willing to stay by your side?" He said while approaching me and he eyed something to his left. I too turned my gaze to where he was pointing and I saw Shouto watching us worriedly.

Suddenly, I felt so silly. I realized that what he said was right, and I didn't need to fear of what would happen after I tell him my past. I know he isn't anything like my previous classmates.

I breathed a small laugh still on the floor and when Dark Shadow was going to attack me again, I made the floor reflect the light of the sun. Everyone flinched from the abrupt light, and Dark Shadow whimpered. I stood up and said "I saw how Dark Shadow became weak everytime Kaminari used his quirk in the cavalry battle. It wasn't hard to figure out that his weakness was light." I grinned and Tokoyami made Dark Shadow retreat and disappear. 

I ran to Tokoyami as I was feeling a boost from my new found determination. "Now if you may excuse me" I said when he tried to kick my side, which I ducked punching him on his belly. He wanted to counterattack but I made him miss with my quirk, and I grabbed his arm. "I have someone waiting for me." I threw him over my body with all my might, and with the help of the wind, he got outside.

"AND THE WINNER IS... WAIT, WHERE IS SHE?"

Without a second to spare, I ran to him.