30. Cheer up

"Um, where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise" "Oh" It didn't matter to me to know about the location anyway. I just asked to distract me from the fact that he was still holding my hand.

It's not what you think it is (Y/N), he's doing it as a friend. It's not what you think it is, he's doing it as a friend.

Fortunately the ride wasn't that long and he again led the way. As we walked, the honks of the cars were getting more and more distant and less people could be seen. Then, I could recognize where we were headed to when I smelled the combination of salt and fish and could see some sand on the road.

When we finally reached the beach, I was mesmerized by the sight. I haven't seen a beach as beatiful as this one. "I used to go here with my mom when I was younger. I always found it soothing here, but with time it eventually became a garbage dump. But this summer, out of nowhere, it got cleaned and it's just how it used to be before. I wanted to repay you for all the things you did for me, and I know it's not nearly enough, but I hoped that at least it would cheer you up." He said as he watched the scenery and I did too, whilst the sun was bathing us. "It's beautiful Shouto, and that's more than enough. Thanks" We both turned to look at each other and smiled.

I then took off my shoes and socks and rolled my pants up. "Well, it would be a waste if we didn't get in the water after we came all the way here. Come on!" "No, I'm fine. I'll just watch you from here." "Come onnnn, please" He seemed hesitant to enter so I pulled him in and he got soaked. "Oops? Hehe" He immediately put his arms under my knees and behind my back and swoop me up bridal style. "W-What are you doing???" I asked panicked and my heart was beating faster. He smirked and threw me on the water, leaving me all wet (A/N: not what you think it means, pervs) and my hair was all over my face. "Guess we're even" He said trying to contain a laugh. "Oh, now you'll see!" And thus, our little splashing war began.

When we got tired of it, we sat on the sand drenched and he took out a couple of towels from his bag. "You came prepared?" "Knowing you, it was obvious this was bound to happen" He said staring at me like it was obvious and I tried to play innocent, which I failed as I laughed in the end and he did too. We then ended up looking at the sea quietly, just enjoying each other's presence.

"...Shouto" I interrupted the silence and he hummed in response prompting me to continue. "Thank you... Yesterday I got so pissed off at Levi that I tried to leave and he told me I could never go back again if I left, which I did... Do you think I was being childish?"

He was thinking his response before he answered me. "Well, he was being kind of a jerk too so I understand why you acted like that." I was relieved that he didn't think I was a childish brat. "But why do you ask? Do you regret it?" "...Maybe? Yeah... a little... but there's nothing I can do now. I'm banned from going back. Also, I still haven't figured out what else I can do with my quirk.." I confessed disheartened.

"But you still want to get trained by him, right? Then go and ask him, maybe he'll let it pass." I snorted at his comment. "Shouto, it's Levi we're talking about, the short-tempered midget. I highly doubt he'll 'let it pass' " I said doing quotation marks in the air.  "You won't know if you don't try." I thought a little about what he said. He could be right, maybe if I ask Levi wholeheartedly he'll let this slide. Eh, it's worth a shot. "Okay then! I'll go now." "I'll walk you to the agency." I widened my eyes as I blushed. "You d-don't have to!" I cursed myself for stuttering. "But I want to, (Y/N)." My heart beat faster when he said those words so honestly. I seriously want to know what's going on in his mind whenever he says these kinds of things.

Stop misunderstanding (Y/N), he just meant it as a friend! Ughh, if only I could make these feelings disappear then it would be a whole lot easier.

'Make them disappear'...?

I managed to nod a little and we continued our walk. On our way, I couldn't quit thinking about what I just thought, not sure why. "Is something a problem?" Shouto asked. "No.. It's nothing". As we waited to cross the road, one of those giant TVs showed a special section of heroes with very useful quirks, and one of them was Aizawa-sensei, I mean, Eraser-Head in this case.

Make it disappear... Eraser-Head.... erase quirks... 

Suddenly, an idea sparked my mind. What if I can also make someone's quirk disappear? I mean, it would certainly be unlucky for the opponent to not be able to use their quirk. I beat more around the idea and, the more I thought of it, the more logical it sounded and I was excited to tell Levi what I just thought about. Well that is if he was willing to take me in again.

When we were in front of the building I hesitated to enter because I was afraid that it would be for nothing. What a joke, all of my classmates were giving it their best right now to become the hero they want to be and alas, I'm here afraid of entering a dumb building. I hated this, I felt like I was the only one falling behind and I clenched my hands into fists.

All of a sudden I felt a warm hand enveloping mine and give me a little squeeze. I looked at Shouto surprised and quickly looked to the side feeling embarrassed. "(Y/N), it will be fine."

Honestly, how does he manage to make me feel so relaxed and encouraged with so little?  "Thanks Shouto, I wouldn't know what to do if it weren't for you." "You would probably be depressed in your room and crying rivers." I'm not sure if he meant that or if it was a joke. It's not easy to tell with his stoic face. "Yeah yeah, I'll get going, text you later!" I entered the building as we waved our goodbyes.

______________________

(A/N): Hey guys, I've been wanting to watch Assassination Classroom after my exams are over, but do you recommend more the manga or the anime? Like does it change anything or is it just a whole copy and paste?