-12-

Dinner came and went and there was still no sign of Cass. Sirius was starting to get very worried. When he questioned Lily, she just rolled her eyes and told him to stop worrying. He couldn't. A million different scenarios ran through his mind. He glanced over at the Slytherin table and saw Avery, laughing with his friends. No Cass. Sirius stood up abruptly.

"You okay mate?" James asked.

"I will be, once I've had a nice chat with Avery." Sirius said. James yanked him back down.

"Bad idea." He said.

"James, let me do this. I need to do this." Sirius said.

"No Sirius. It's a stupid idea and you know it." JamLes said.

"Remus, Peter? Help?" Sirius said. "

James is right Sirius." Remus said softly.

"Yeah." Peter chimed in.

"Fine." Sirius said sulkily.

Lily glanced over at Sirius and caught James staring at her.

"What?" She mouthed. James grinned at her and winked. Lily rolled her eyes and turned back to Alice.

"So, Frank huh?" She said. Alice blushed.

"It's no big deal, it's just a crush." She said.

"Well from what I have observed, it's a very mutual crush." Marlene said, grinning. Alice blushed deeper and buried her face in her hands.

"Aw Ally." Dorcas said.

"He's just so beautiful!" She exclaimed loudly.

"I know I am Alice, no need to remind everyone." James said, winking. Lily rolled her eyes so hard her eyes hurt.

"Goodbye Potter." She said.

"Bye Evans." James said, winking again. He followed Sirius, Remus and Peter toward the exit.

"Is Sirius going over to the Slytherin table?" Marlene asked.

"Shit, he is " Dorcas said.

"I wonder why." Alice said.

"I have a feeling I know why." Lily said grimly. "And I don't think it's going to be good." She stood up and started walking towards the Slytherin table. "Are you coming?" Marlene, Dorcas and Alice looked at each other, shrugged and followed Lily.

"Sirius, stop. You can't." James said, grabbing Sirius' arm.

"James, let go." Sirius said.

"It's a bad idea." James said.
"I don't care." Sirius said, yanking his arm away and storming over to Avery.

"Eugh, what's a blood traitor like you doing at the Slytherin table?" One of Avery's friends sneered. Sirius ignored him.

"Avery, where the fuck is Cass?" Sirius snapped. Avery turned around calmly. "Don't know, haven't seen her." He said.

"Bullshit! You're practically attached at the hip!" Sirius yelled.

"Haven't seen her." Avery repeated.

"Yeah, not since you shagged." One of his friends laughed.

"What?" Sirius paled.

"Me and Cassiopeia had a little bit of fun last night, that's all." Avery said calmly.

"Yeah, because she's a massive slut." Someone snorted. Sirius jerked back as though he'd been slapped.

"Excuse me? What did you just say about my sister?" He said. James grabbed his elbow.