-117-

Cass had taken the sibling break up extremely hard. Sirius couldn't get her to leave the flat, sometimes she couldn't even leave her bed. He tried his best to comfort her but he was also struggling. Sure he and and Regulus hasn't really seen eye to eye since the twins went to Hogwarts but he was still his little brother, and he wished he could have protected him from the horrors of Lord Voldemort.

On the morning of New Years Eve, Lily barged into the flat — upon Sirius' invitation. James was close behind her, followed by Remus.

"Oh good." Sirius said. "You're here."

"Where is she?" Lily asked. Sirius nodded towards Cass' bedroom and Lily knocked gently on the door.

"Go away Sirius." Cass' muffled voice came from inside.

"It's Lily." Lily said. The door opened and as soon as Lily went inside it closed again. Sirius sighed.

"I'll make us some tea I suppose."

•••

An hour later, Lily and Cass emerged. Cass looked as though she'd been crying (but when did she not?) and Lily looked pretty emotional too. James smiled and patted the spot next to him, Lily sat down and James immediately wrapped an arm around her.

"Barf." Cass said. She looked from couple to couple and groaned. "Is this really what I'm going to have to put up with from now on? Couples everywhere I look?"

"Yes." James said. "I'm sorry Cassie, but I've waited six years for a chance to date Lily. I'm not going to hide it."

"Aw shut up Jamesie, no one needs to hear about your pathetic attempts of wooing Lily." Cass rolled her eyes. "Which I might remind you failed miserably for five years. It was only when you stopped asking her out every five minutes and deflated your massive head that she started to like you." James opened and closed his mouth soundlessly as Remus and Sirius laughed.

"That's not true!" James protested. Cass smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"It is a bit true babe." Lily laughed. "Don't worry, I love you now." James stuck his tongue out at Cass and gave Lily a kiss.

"Well anyway, Lily and I have urgent business to attend to." Cass said.

"Oh?" Sirius said. "Like what?"

"Finding a dress for tonight." Cass said.

James was hosting a New Years party, and had invited as many people as he could think of — the majority of seventh years (minus the Slytherins because have you met James?) had agreed to attend, including Noah. Not that Cass was panicking or anything, no way.

"We're meeting the girls." Lily said. "Be back later." She kissed James.

"You're all getting ready at James' right?" Cass said.

"If by get ready you mean put on a decent looking shirt, then yes." James said. "Honestly girls take so long to get ready." Cass and Lily both scoffed.

"Oh please, Sirius spends twice as long on his hair." Cass said.

"Hey! This amount of perfection doesn't just come naturally!" Sirius said. Cass rolled her eyes. Remus grinned and ruffled Sirius' black locks. Sirius gasped.

"Remus John Lupin!" He said. "You dare?

"Oh I dare." Remus said. "What you gonna go Sirius?"

"I will bring Padfoot out and lick your face." Sirius threatened. Remus snorted.

"Padfoot? I think you mean snuffles."