-68-

Cass knocked on the door of Remus, Sirius, James and Peters, or 'the marauders' as they now wished to be knows as, dormitory. No one answered. She swore under her breath and knocked again.

"Sirius!" She called. "Remus!" A tired looking Peter answered the door.

"Sorry Cass. They're all out of it." He yawned. Cass stepped around him and nearly gagged at the mess of their dormitory. She glanced over to James' bed, where James was not alone. Sirius and Remus were draped across each other in Sirius' bed.

"They realise that the train leaves in three hours." Cass said scornfully. Peter shrugged.

"We all got a bit tipsy last night." He said sheepishly. "And then James disappeared and then when I woke up there was a girl in his bed."

"Fucking hell." Cass muttered. She marched over to Sirius' bed and shook him roughly.

"Argh!" Sirius yelled, falling out of bed.

"Morning to you too." Cass said. "Get up, get dressed. You'll miss breakfast if you're not careful." Sirius glared up at her.

"And why did you wake me up first?" He said.

"Well, I figured Remus would wake up with you since you were practically on top of each other," Sirius blushed slightly. "-and I didn't really want to wake up James and his lady friend." Sirius jumped to his feet.

"James has a lady friend?" He asked. Cass nodded, moving so Sirius could see. "That's not Lily." He said, sounding disappointed.

"I know." Cass said. "Seriously, get up and packed. It's like a fucking bombs gone off in here."

•••

Cass and Lily sat in an empty compartment, Marlene Dorcas and Alice were all staying at Christmas for the holidays. Cass fiddled with her hair, anxiously anticipating her return home. The compartment door slid open and Simon entered.

"Hey." Lily said.

"Hello beautiful." Simon said, sitting down beside her. Cass bit back an eye roll. They had been all over each other since the Christmas party, even going to Slughorns party together. They started snogging.

"I'm just gonna..." Cass realised neither of them were listening. She rolled her eyes and left them to it. She was immediately cornered by Noah.

"Hey, I was just looking for you." He said, kissing her softly.

"I was getting away from Lily and Simon." Cass shuddered. "All over each other." Noah laughed.

"Come on, we can sit in my compartment." He led her to a compartment with Grace, Will and another girl who Cass didn't recognise.

"Hi Cass!" Grace said. "This is Emily." She introduced the girl.

"Hi." Cass said, offering her a smile.

"Hello." Emily said. She had soft blonde hair and glasses. Noah sat down, gesturing for Cass to do the same. She engaged in a conversation with Grace, but didn't really pay all that much attention.

•••

"I'd better find Sirius." Cass said. "We can't be far away now." She stared out of the window and sighed. Noah nodded.

"I'll come with you, say goodbye." He said, lacing his fingers through hers. Will whistled quietly.

"I'm going to go and find Simon then." He said.

"You'll have a job detaching him from Lily." Cass muttered. Will sniggered slightly. She led Noah and Will to the compartment where she had left Lily and then took Noah to the compartment she knew her brother would be in. Noah pulled her into an empty one first.