-35-

"Psst Evans." Noah said. Lily looked over from her cauldron. "Where's Cass?"

"She's not feeling well." Lily said.

"Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine Noah." Lily said. "Don't worry."

"Okay, could you tell her that I hope she's back soon?" Noah said. Lily smiled.

"Of course."

•••

"Well, you've looked better." Sirius said. Cass clutched onto the banister as she came down the stairs. Lily helped her to an armchair. She smiled weakly at him. Lily handed her a cup of tea.

"It's got a few healing ingredients in it. I couldn't find anything for.." She trailed off and sat down.

"Thanks." Cass said. She sipped the tea slowly.

"How are you feeling?" James asked.

"How do you think?" Cass said. She laughed hollowly.

"I think you should go to the hospital wing." Remus said. Cass snorted.

"So Pomfrey can write a letter to my parents? No thank you. I don't need her and no doubtedly McGonnagal snooping around."

"He's right Cass." Lily said. "You're not going to heal if you don't get help."

"I will Lily. Funnily enough the body can repair itself."

"Cass, stop." Sirius said. "I know you're hurting but we're just trying to help. Stop being so prickly. We're just looking out for you." Cass' lip trembled slightly.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I can't." She stood up shakily.

"Cass, what the hell happened?" Remus said.

"I can't tell you." Cass sobbed. "I just can't Remus." Sirius wrapped his arms around her. "He'll kill me Sirius."

"Shhh, it's okay." Sirius rocked her gently. "I'm not going to let him."

"He will Sirius. He knows about everything." Cass whispered. "He even knows about Noah." She was full on sobbing.

"I think we should go." James muttered. Remus and Lily nodded and they moved to the other end of the deserted common room.

"Cass, I'm so sorry this happened. If I had been there.."

"He would have killed you Sirius. He almost killed me. I wish he would."

"Don't say that. He wouldn't. He would go to Azkaban if he did."

"He wouldn't. He's too smart for that. It's not just him Sirius." Cass whispered.

"What?"

"There was more of them. Everything's a bit fuzzy."

"More of who?"

"More men. I recognised them. Think they were ex Slytherins."

"What did they do?" Sirius asked. Cass shivered.

"Things I would rather forget Sirius. I thought they were going to kill me too."

"Cass, I really think you should go to the hospital wing."

"And say what? I got into a fight with the whomping willow?"

"It's not an awful idea."

"They're spell wounds Sirius. I'm pretty sure Madam Pomfrey will know the difference."

"You're probably right." Sirius sighed. "But you're going."

"I'm not Sirius. I'm fine." Cass stood up and fell straight back down again.