-118-

Cass wasn't sure where she was when she woke up. She sat up, staring around in panic. She breathed out when she saw Marlene sprawled put beside her. Cass nudged her gently.

"Marls, wake up." Cass said. Marlene opened one eye and immediately groaned.

"What happened?" She said, clutching her head. "I feel like I've been run over by the knight bus."

"Maybe because you did about twenty shots last night." Cass laughed. She wasn't feeling too fresh herself. "Where even are we?"

"Dunno, some room in James' house." Marlene shrugged. "There's about a hundred of them." Marlene pushed the covers off of her.

"Uh Marlene?" Cass said, averting her eyes.

"Ah shit, where's my dress?" Marlene said. Cass realised that her dress was also missing, the two of them in their underwear.

"Well this is awkward." Cass said. Marlene grinned.

"Only if you want it to be Cassie." She winked. Cass giggled and reached down onto the floor for her dress.

"What even happened last night? How'd we end up here?" Cass asked. Marlenes brows furrowed.

"I don't remember anything after kissing Dorcas af midnight." She said truthfully.

Midnight.

She had kissed Noah. She had kissed him, and she had fucking loved it.

"Do you reckon Lily's awake yet?" Marlene said.

"Uh probably." Cass shrugged. Marlene laughed.

"We should probably go and get our clothes then."

•••

Euphemia laughed cheerily as Cass, Marlene, Lily and Dorcas trouped downstairs, each of them nursing killer hangovers.

"Happy new year girls." She said.

"Oh happy new year Euphemia." Cass said. "Any chance you've got something to cure hangovers?"

"Oh I'm sure Fleamont could whip something up." Euphemia said, her eyes twinkling. "He's in the workshop already honey."

"You're amazing Euphemia." Cass beamed.

"I'm never drinking again." James declared as he trudged down the stairs. "Merlins left tit, I'm in agony."

"Right, moving past Merlins left tit, your dad is about to solve all of your problems." Euphemia said.

"Mum!" James said. "You can't just talk about Merlins tits like that!"

"Oh yes James because Merlin was known for having tits." Euphemia said. "You started it anyway. Go and see how your dads getting on, honestly." She turned and bustled through to the kitchen, rolling her eyes.

"Oi! Dad!" James bellowed.

"Too loud." Marlene groaned, clutching her head. "Go and get him you lazy prick."

"Sorry Marley." James said sheepishly.

"Call me Marley again and you will very be fucking sorry." Marlene said. James laughed.

"Aw whatcha gonna do Marlene? You couldn't hurt a fly." He said. Marlene narrowed her eyes.

"You're skating on very thin ice Potter, very thin indeed."