-47-

"Take your own notes." Cass said teasingly. She covered her parchment. Noah pouted. Slughorn stopped talking at long last and told them what potion they would be doing.

"Can I get a copy?" Noah said. Cass shook her head. "Please?" Noah took a few steps towards her. Cass caved.

"Fine, but only because you're cute." She said. Noah beamed. "I'll get the ingredients." She caught Lily eyeing her suspiciously. "What are you looking at Evans?"

"Nothing in particular." Lily said, a small smirk crept across her face. "Just wait until I tell Sirius."

"Tell Sirius what?" Cass said. She collected her ingredients from the cupboard.

"That you have a thing for Noah." Lily said, poking her cheek.

"I do not!" Cass gasped. She couldn't stop the blush from spreading across her face. Lily grinned triumphantly.

"Knew it."

"I have a boyfriend." Cass said quietly. Lily wrinkled her nose.

"A useless one." She said. "Who's a twat and we don't like him. Get a new one."

"I can't Lily, you know I can't." Cass dropped her voice to a whisper. "Don't tell Sirius anything. He'll only panic." 

"Duh, of course I won't." Lily said.

"Oi Evans!" James yelled. "This potion isn't going to brew itself."

•••

"Well if it isn't the greasy git himself." James said, laughing quietly. Sirius' eyes lit up at the sight of Snape. He was muttering to himself.

"Talking to yourself Snivvelly?" Sirius said loudly. Snape looked up.

"None of your business Black." He snapped. His eyes  were filled with pure hatred.

"Sure you were talking about very interesting things, right James?" Sirius said.

"Yeah, oh Lily I love you mwah." James said in a high pitched girly voice.

"That's rich coming from you Potter." Snape said angrily. "Oh Evans go out with me! Evans!" He mocked. James went red. Snape had his wand in his hand.

"At least I have a chance." James said. "See the thing is, unlike you, I know what shampoo looks like." That was all it took to push Snape over the edge.

"Stupefy!" Snape shouted. James blocked it easily.

"I'm shocked Snivellus, thought you would have something better up your sleeve." James said.

"Mr Potter, Mr Black, Mr Snape, just what do you think you are doing?" Professor McGonagall said, her hands on her hips.

"I'm not involved Professor." Sirius said, taking a step away.

"Mr Potter?"

"Nothing Professor." James muttered.

"It didn't look like nothing! Detention, all three of you." McGonagall snapped, sweeping away.

"For heavens sake, can't I leave you two alone for two minutes?" Remus said, amusement in his voice. He was looking rather rough after the full moon but Sirius and James pretended not to notice.

"What happened to your face Lupin?" Snape sneered.

"Not as bad as what will happen to yours if you don't piss off." Sirius snarled. Snape stalked off.

"How are you Remus?" James said.

"Did you manage okay? Are you badly hurt?" Sirius said. Remus waved their questions off.