-130-

Remus sighed heavily, his head throbbing painfully as he sat stiffly on the couch. Everything was getting on top of him, and they had been back less than a week. He was unbelievably stressed, and the moon being the following day did not help. The welcome back party raged, music pounding in his ears, seeming louder since his senses were heightened.

He wanted to be at home. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with his mum before she was gone. Hope was deteriorating, and fast. She could barely leave her bed, meaning that there was no way she could have seen Remus off for the last time at platform 9 and 3/4. Remus dug his nails into his palms as the music was turned up, closing his eyes in an attempt to steady his senses. He wanted to go to bed, to get away from the noise, but Sirius, who was drunk (surprise, surprise) had told him to enjoy the party and not be a worry-wolf.

"You alright mate?" James asked worriedly. Remus felt the couch dip as James sat down, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Headache." Remus muttered, wincing as someone shouted. James nodded in understanding, climbing up onto the table and clearing his throat loudly. No one paid any attention.

"Hey!" He shouted. A few people looked over at him, but overall ignored him. James frowned. "HEY!"

That got people's attention.

"Everyone who's not a Gryffindor — get out!" James shouted.

A few groans and jeers rang out across the common room.

"Now." James said firmly. Reluctantly, the crowd dispersed. The Gryffindors grumbled amongst themselves before most of them headed towards the stairs. James climbed down off of the table, feeling moderately pleased with himself.

"What'd you do that for?" Sirius huffed, clutching a half empty bottle of firewhiskey in his hand.

"It's a school night and I'm headboy Padfoot." James said, conscious of the group of fifth years nearby. "It's my responsibility to make sure no ones up too late."

"Ooo your responsibility now is it?" Sirius said. James elbowed him harshly in the ribs, gesturing subtly to Remus, who was clutching his head. Sirius' eyes widened in realisation and he went to sit next to his boyfriend, gently wrapping an arm around him.

"Hey James!" Cass said, breathless and eyes sparkling.

"Hi Cassie." James said.

"Alright James?" Noah said.

"Didn't I say all non-Gryffindors out?" James teased.

"Ah, come on Jamesie." Cass said. "Make an exception, for me."

"Of course Cassie." James said. "You kids have fun, I need to find Lilypad." He manoeuvred himself past the couple, chuckling to himself as Cass muttered 'did he just call us kids? We're both older than him!'

"James! There you are." Lily said, planting a kiss on James as soon as she saw him. James staggered backwards with the force of her kiss, his glasses slipping off of his nose.

"Here I am." He laughed. "You alright Lils?"

"That was fucking sexy, by the way." Lily said breathlessly.

"What was?" James said, eyebrows furrowing.

"You actually took responsibility, I mean after seven years of knowing you, you actually did something responsible." Lily said. "That's hot."

"You are such a nerd." James laughed. Lily grabbed his hand, dragging him towards the dorms.

"Shut up." She said, pressing a kiss to his lips. "And come on."