-111-

After spending just under a month at St Mungos, Cass was going back to Hogwarts. She had been working hard to catch up on the work she had missed but was still not quite there with all of her subjects.

"Well, it's been a pleasure Cassiopeia." Gwen said. "I'm glad you're healed."

"Don't tell me you're happy to see the back of me Gwen?" Cass joked, shifting her bag from hand to hand nervously. Gwen rolled her eyes, flicking one of her braids over her shoulder.

"Don't be silly, you've been my favourite patient, just don't tell Healer Jones I told you that." Gwen winked. Cass gave her a quick hug.

"Thank you. For, you know, healing me." She said. Gwen laughed.

"It is kind of my job." She said. "But you're welcome. Now, remember you're flooing to Professor McGonagalls Office." Cass' eyes sparkled as she nodded, stepping in to the fireplace.

"Professor McGonagalls office, Hogwarts." She said clearly, throwing down the floor powder. She disappeared in an eruption of green flames, landing in the familiar office of her favourite professor. McGonagall looked up from her paperwork, putting her quill down on the desk.

"Try not to get too much ash on the carpet, Black." She said, raising her eyebrows slightly as Cass coughed up some ash.

"That's no way to greet your favourite pupil, Min-cat." Cass grinned. McGonagall sighed.

"What have I told you about that absurd nickname Black?" She said. "Five points from Gryffindor."

"I think you mean, thanks ever so much for that luxurious nickname Cassiopeia I absolutely love it." Cass said.

McGonagall rolled her eyes.

"Right, we'll I'm going to pretend that didn't wound me." Cass said. "I'll be going now Minnie. Au revoir."

"Before you go Black-"

"Please Minnie, call me Cassiopeia. You don't see me running around calling you Professor, now do you?" Cass shuddered at the thought. McGonagall pursed her lips.

"No, but I would much prefer if you did."

"Never gonna happen." Cass said, shaking her head. McGonagall sighed and straightened her glasses.

"Well then, I suppose Minnie is marginally better than Min-cat, so I will allow it." McGonagall said. Cass beamed. "So, anyways Cassiopeia I was just curious as to how you're feeling about adjusting to Hogwarts again."

"Feeling fantabulous about it Minnie." Cass said. She was lying through her teeth, she was terrified about returning to such a normal setting after three months of her strange reality. She was trying to put up a happy and carefree facade, trying to act like she'd felt before that horrific day in Hogsmede, when she had actually felt content and the biggest worry she faced was N.E.W.T.s.

"Cassiopeia, you can be honest with me." McGonagall said softly.

"I am being honest." Cass said, trying to maintain a cheerful tone. "The only thing I'm even remotely worried about is A-Ave- fucks sake Cass get a grip." She muttered the last bit to herself. She struggled to say his name, and flinched whenever anyone said it.

"His trial, yes?" McGonagall finished for her. Cass nodded gratefully. "Understandable, you have been asked to testify against him?"

"Yes, but I'm not going to do it." Cass said. "I can't- I can't face him. Not now, probably not ever." She bit the side of her thumb nervously. "I mean, what if I do and he doesn't get sentenced? What if he walks free? Or worse, what if after he gets out — because there's no way he'll get a life sentence — he comes after me?"