-110-

"Good afternoon Miss Black." Professor McGonagall greeted politely. Cass nearly tumbled out of bed, very surprised to see her.

"Oh! Professor I- oh Merlin." Cass attempted to smooth her hair down and straighten her hospital gown, feeling very insecure under McGonagalls watchful eye. "Sorry about the mess." She mumbled sheepishly. "I wasn't really expecting company."

There were a few books strewn across the floor and a pile of discarded parchment was slowly taking over the bedside cabinet, but other than that the room was spotless. McGonagall smiled.

"No matter, Miss Black." She said. "May I sit?"

"Yeah, of course." Cass nodded. McGonagall perched neatly on the stiff backed chair next to her bed.

"I have come to discuss your future at Hogwarts." She said.

"You're not kicking me out are you? Because I know I've missed a lot but I swear I'll work hard to catch up and-" McGonagall held her hand up to cut off her ramble.

"I haven't come to kick you out Cassiopeia." She said gently. "You have missed a lot, but you can catch up. I, along with many other teachers,  have offered to give you private tutoring until you are up to speed, if you so wish. Until you return to Hogwarts, I will bring over the work you have missed in small chunks so you do not get too overwhelmed."

"Oh Minnie, thank you." Cass said, flinging her arms around her professors neck. She suddenly realised that she had just hugged a professor and was prepared to apologise but McGonagall hugged her back, patting her back gently.

"It's good to have you back Cassiopeia." She said, straightening her robes.

"Thank you Min-dog." Cass said, a sly smile spreading across her features. "Or should I say   Min-cat."

McGonagalls lips twitched, but she attempted to keep a straight face.

"You are lucky were not at Hogwarts now, Miss Black, or I would have to deduct points and give you a detention."

"Minnie." Cass whined. "Don't be such a spoilsport, I'm just complimenting your elite animagus skills." She flashed her a cheeky grin, looking exactly like Sirius always did after he had pulled a prank. McGonagall shook her head fondly.

"I see you humour remains as bold as ever." She said. Cass winked at her.

"You love it Min-cat."

"If you continue to call me that absurd name, I will really have to give you a detention for when you return to Hogwarts." McGonagall said, still attempting to maintain a sombre expression.

"If you say so." Cass said.

"I'm serious Miss Black." McGonagall said. She closed her eyes as she realised what she had just done. Cass smirked.

"Well Professor, last time I checked you were actually Minnie." Cass said, grinning from ear to ear.

"I really walked into that one didn't I?" McGonagall chuckled. Cass laughed.

"Yep, you so did, and now I'm going to tell everyone your new name is Min-cat."

•••

James limped through the hospital, leaning heavily on the walking stick the healers insisted he used until they decided he didn't need it. The brute force in which James had hit the wall had caused his pelvis to almost shatter, and his head to be split open. Now, James had to take it easy, for a few weeks, meaning he would miss the first quidditch match of the year (something he was extremely pissed off about).