-25-

Lily,
I have to spend the next two weeks at Averys. Please do not contact me. I miss you heaps. I can't wait to see you again after I get out of hell.
Love you,
Cass

Sirius,
When you get back I'm sure you will wonder where I am. I'm going to Averys for two weeks. Hope you had fun at James', give him and the boys my love. I'll see you when I'm back. Don't do anything stupid.
Love you,
Cass

Cass sealed her letters and called for her owl. She gave the bird Lily's letter and sent it on its way. Then, she tiptoed through the house to Sirius' room. It had been a while since she had been in there. There was gryffindor posters plastered all over the walls, a perfect way to piss of the rest of the Blacks. Cass shook her head, smiling to herself. She slipped the letter under Sirius' mattress.

"What are you doing Cass?" Regulas whispered from the door. Cass jumped violently. "It's the middle of the night."

"Merlin Reg, you scared me. I was just looking for a book Sirius borrowed from me. I wanted it to take to Averys." Cass lied quickly. Regulas narrowed his eyes.

"I wasn't aware Sirius had the brain cells to read." He sneered.

"Give it up Reg. Your stupid Slytherin buddies aren't around to cheer you on." Cass snapped. Regulas rolled his eyes.

"You know, one word to Mother and Father and you'd be for it." Regulas said thoughtfully.

"Well Regulas, they aren't going to find out are they? And anyway, it's not a crime to be in a room in your own house."

"It is when it's Sirius' room. You're meant to be a lady now."

"Fuck off Regulas. Stop kissing up to mother and father and do something for yourself for once. I'm going to bed, I suggest you do the same."

"Regulas? Is that you? What are you doing up?" Walburga asked. Cass and Regulas both froze. Cass put a finger to her mouth and dived under Srius' bed. She could barely breath. She prayed Regulas wouldn't rat her out.

"Yes. Sorry mother, I thought I heard something." Regulas said. He waved his arm dismissively. "Must've been the wind."

"You got up and disturbed the household for the wind?" Walburga said. Regulas nodded, bowing his head. "I am disappointed in you Regulas. Get back to bed this instant."

"Yes mother, I'm sorry." Regulas said. Cass held her breath as the door closed quietly. She rolled out from under the bed. She heard the click of the door being locked.

"Fuck." She murmured. If she was caught in here... she didn't want to think about it. How could she get out of the room? She scoured the room for something sharp to pick the lock with. Nothing. She paced anxiously. Why had she left her damned wand in her room? Stupid mistake. Maybe Regulas would come back for her. Doubtful. The window! Cass reached up to the catch and let the window swing open. Perfect. She climbed on top of the cabinet and swung her legs out.

"Come on Cass, don't pussy out now." She murmured to herself. She stepped down onto the ledge, pulling the window closed behind her. She tried not to look down. She would never make it through her own window, it was locked on the inside first of all and it was also far too close to her parents. She climbed slowly over to Regulas' window and tapped on it gently. Regulas looked fast asleep. "Come on Reg." She tapped a little harder. Regulas sleepily looked over to the window. Cass gesutured to the handle. Regulas rolled his eyes but got out of bed nonetheless.

"Classic Gryffindor move." He said, helping Cass down from the windowsill.

"Shut up." Cass grinned. "Thank you."

"No problem, just don't make it a habit. I have a reputation to uphold around here as the golden child."

"You won't have any competition there." Cass said. "Take it you're not locked in?"

"Nah, I'm too trusted for that." Regulas said.

"Of course." Cass muttered. "Thanks again. Get some sleep Reg."

"Night Cass." Regulas said. Cass padded out of the room and slipped into hers. She closed the door quietly.

"Nice of you to finally join me Cassiopeia." Walburga said from the shadows of the room. Cass spun around.

"How did you-"

"I'm not stupid Cassiopeia. I know Regulas would never get up in the middle of the night to investigate a simple noise. It was obviously something bigger than that. So, I locked the door and checked your room. Surprise, surprise, you weren't here." Walburga said. "I'm starting to get very sick of your actions Cassiopeia. Don't think that Avery hasn't been keeping me informed." Cass stayed silent, as was best to do in these situations. "I also had news from Avery this evening that he has had to push back your visit, just by a week. Which is the next time you will see the outside of this room."

"What?" Cass asked sharply. She felt herself being dragged to her bed. Steel bars sprouted across the window. Her trunk locked itself shut and her wand flew into Walburgas waiting hand.

"Goodnight Cassiopeia." Her mother swept out of the room and slammed the door shut. Cass jumped out of bed and watched through the keyhole as Walburga placed a padlock on the door and locked it tight shut. She slid down the door. How would she eat? How would she pee? Surely her mother wasn't that much of a monster. On second thought, she totally was. Cass sighed. She should have known better. Of course she got caught. She always did. No one would even notice she wasn't writing, she'd already sent that letter to Lily who would spread the word. She was well and truly fucked.

•••

The sunlight shone on Cass's eyes. She squinted blindly and staggered up off the floor. She sat down at her vanity and stared at her reflection.

"Better get used to this company." She muttered. She pulled a brush through her hair and got changed into a dress she pulled out of her wardrobe. All of her comfortable clothes were in her locked trunk. Great. She picked up a book form her shelf and flopped down on her bed, awaiting the inevitable storm that her mother would bring.

•••

Two days passed and Cass had not received any interaction with anyone. She was dying of thirst, but at least she didn't have to pee. The boredom was also getting to her. She had read six books, and was running low on books she actually liked. They were all in her locked trunk. She heard the sound of a key in the lock and quickly shoved her book downside her mattress.

"Cassiopeia." Walburga said. Kreacher came in behind her with a glass of water and a few slices of toast. He laid it down on the floor. "Better make it last." Walburga said. She pulled the door closed. Cass just stared at the water and food. It could be poisoned. She didn't want to drink in case she had to pee. She would die of dehydration if she didn't drink it. She got up from her bed and sipped the water. She gulped it down in a matter of seconds. So much for making it last. She didn't do anything to the toast except nibble an edge. No way was she wasting the water by making her mouth dry.