-31-

"Well, until next time Miss Black." Noah said, feigning a curtesy.

"Bye Noah." Cass said. She smiled to herself as she left the class. Lily caught you up her.

"Remind me to kill Slughorn." She said. "I can't believe he put me with Potter."

"Come off it Lily, it was pretty obvious that was going to happen. Always does. He's got a rep for being an awful student and you're a perfect student, teachers think you'll rub off on him."

"Yes but Poppy is with Remus and she is a good student."

"Remus is as good a, if not an even better, student than you and Poppy is a decent student. It works both ways."

"What about you then? What's this Ravenclaw like?"

"He seems pretty smart." Cass shrugged. "I think Slughorn was just running out of options."

"At least were not with the Slytherins this year, god I could not deal with another year of Sev and James and Sirius being at each other's throats constantly."

"Thinking of me are we Evans?" James said, running past.

"Shove off Potter." Lily said. "Where are your buddies?"

"Should be running past soon, stay clear of Filches office for a bit, the smell might get to you." James ran off.

"Hi Cass! Bye Cass!" Sirius yelled, running past them as well. Peter followed close behind.

"I wonder where Remus is." Cass said. She half wanted to go and see the damage to Filches office but knew Lily would never go for it.

"Remus isn't the type to participate in such childish antics." Lily said. Remus jogged up behind them.

"Ladies." He said. "If Filch asks, we went that way." Remus pointed left and ran right.

"Maybe he is." Lily muttered.

"Of course he is, they've been pulling stuff like this since first year." Cass said.

"I know, I just thought they'd have grown out of it by now. It's getting rather old."

"Come on Lily, loosen up. They're not doing any harm." Cass said. Lily rolled her eyes.

"Come on, let's get a good seat at dinner."

•••

"Fucking hell." Cass muttered, stepping out of the great hall and spotting Sirius with his tongue down a girls throat.

"That's one way to put it." Remus said quietly. He sighed slightly.

"Fucking twat." Cass said.

"Indeed."

"They'll last a week, tops. He'll get bored of her." Cass said. "Come on. I need to go bathe my eyes in bleach to unsee this monstrosity."

"Yeah. Coming." Remus said absently. He followed Cass up the stairs.

"Oi! Cass!" Noah called. Cass stopped walking and turned around. "You left this in potions." He handed her a quill.

"Oh, thank you." Cass said. She hadn't even noticed it was missing.

"No problem." Noah said.

"See you tomorrow then." Cass smiled.

"Not if I see you first." Noah grinned. "Laters!" He ran down the stairs.