-100-

Noah reread Cass' note for what felt like the thousandth time. He still couldn't process that Cass had left, always just expecting her to walk though the door. The healers had kept him drugged up on calming draught for the past fortnight — to stop him from getting het up about the situation. His brain was in a constant state of fuzziness, he could barely read Cass' words yet he kept doing so, his eyes flicking down the small piece of paper frantically. He sighed in frustration.

Why would Cass sign her full name?

The thought had bugged him since he had first read the note. She was hardly ever called by her first name, going by either Cass or Cassie, so why would she sign it in her last letter of goodbye? The calming draught was beginning to wear off and Noah could feel his mind becoming sharper. He reread the note again, staring at her name.

Cassiopeia.

The p was straight, whilst the rest of the word was slanted. Noah pulled the parchment closer to his face, examining it carefully. He was about to shrug it off as a coincidence when he saw

Hogwarts

The g was straight too. He read the note once again, taking his time with every word. He spotted more letters that were straighter than the others. He reached over to his bedside cabinet, grabbing his quill and some parchment and started deciphering the note.

'Averys got me help'

"Oh Cass you fucking genius." Noah murmured. He pressed the button on the side of his bed that would call a healer. Healer Jones popped her head round the door.

"It's nearly time for your meds." She said. "Is everything alright?"

"I need to talk to Professor Dumbledore and Sirius Black, right now." Noah said. "And you have to stop giving me calming draught, I'm fine."

"Professor Dumbledore is on ministry business." Healer Jones said.

"Professor McGonagall then, it's urgent." Noah said. Healer Jones nodded and left the room. Noah sighed and just prayed they would be able to find her before it was too late.

•••

"Cassiopeia sweetheart, I have a surprise for you." Avery said, picking Cass up roughly and setting her on her feet. Cass fell right back down again.

"W-what is it?" She asked wearily. She had had quite enough of Averys surprises over the past two weeks, thank you very much. Avery grinned.

"A special visitor for you." He said. Cass blanched.

"Dearest cousin of mine, it's been far too long." Bellatrix sneered, stepping into the light of the cellar. Cass wanted to vomit, she attempted to push herself backwards but she barely had enough strength to sit upright.

"I'll be back later, we can have a bit more fun then." Avery said. "Maybe then you'll be a bit more willing to... cooperate with me." Cass gave an involuntary shudder before looking up at Avery.

"I'm sorry. No, please." Cass begged. "Please don't leave me with her."

"You've brought this on yourself." Avery said gravely. "I'm only doing this because I love you."

"Please." Cass pleaded. "Avery I'm begging you, I'll do anything."

"It is too late for that Cassiopeia." Avery said. "I warned you."