I want to hear you say it

It was Saturday night and you were laying in bed the three words you're boyfriend Carl said to you earlier playing over and over in you're head. I love you.

You shoved you're pillow over your face groaning you decided to get up and go to him, and apologise for running out on him earlier. You were just scared. Not sure what to do.

You slipped one of his hoodies over you're tee shirt and slipped on your thongs (flip flops), grabbed your phone and headed over to his after letting your mum know where you were going. You finally reached the Gallagher house as like usual you let yourself in the back door.

"Hey Fi" You smiled as the brunette in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"Hey Y/N, Carl's upstairs"

You nodded and began heading upstairs, you knocked lightly on his door after hearing a faint come in you made you're way inside.

"Hey what's u- oh it's you..." He frowned seeing you make your way inside.

"Carl-"

"Y/N I already know what you're going to say and it's fine... I shouldn't of said it." He interrupted.

"Carl let me talk please."

He nodded giving you his full attention.

"The reason I ran out earlier was because I was scared! I heard you say it and I panicked. So, I ran. I regretted it the second I did it! I'm sorry Carl." You explained.

He nodded, standing up in front of you.

"It's okay... but, but I wanna hear you say it." He says firmly.

"W-what?" You ask confused.

"I wanna hear you say it. We've been together almost a year Y/N! I need to know how you feel, if you feel the same. I need to know if you love me." Carl says, his voice cracking a little.

You did, you did love him. And it was finally time to let him know.

"Carl, of course I feel the same way. Of course I love you. Do you really think I would have put up with you for this long if I didn't?!" You laughed making him let out a chuckle.

"I love you more than anything in the world." You smiled.

"Feels so good to finally hear you say that." Carl smiled pulling you in for a kiss. You pulled away with a smile.

"It feels so good to finally say it." You replied before placing another kiss on his lips.