147. US Soccer Family News

US Soccer Family News: Tim Howard and Christian Pulisic Speak Out on Hannah Bedal's Accident.
Posted March 21, 2018
By: Jessica Lockhead

It's been twenty days since we found it that Hannah Bedal was rushed to the hospital after being hit by a car while crossing the street. Christian Pulisic shared that Bedal was back home a week ago on March 14.

Details haven't been readily available since Pulisic shared that Bedal had been hit by a car. That all changed earlier today when Pulisic and Howard released a joint statement to the US Soccer website. They both wrote something small and then did a video together. We've summarised the three main points of what they said. The link to the full article below.

www.ussoccer.com/tim-howard-and-christian-pulisic-joint-statement/

1. What happened, what's going on now.

Pulisic shared on March 9 that Bedal has been hit by a car, but no other details were given. Today, Howard and Pulisic expanded on what exactly happened.

Bedal was out with friends, Maggie Pulisic, Tam Piszczek, Florence Wagner, and Alexia Hernandez, enjoying lunch and shopping. Bedal forgot her phone at the last store and went back to get it. As she crossed the street, she was run over by a car that drove away.

Witnesses immediately called for help. Several witnesses were also able to get the license plates of the car that ran her over and kept going.

Pulisic was alerted by his trainer that he needed to leave practice and head to the scene. Police were at the training center to bring him there. When he got there, EMTs were stabilising Bedal. Witnesses were giving their statements. Pulisic had them sign confidentiality agreements as he didn't want just anyone talking to the press about what happened.

Maggie Pulisic alerted Howard and the other Pulisics to what had happened. Howard was immediately granted leave by the Rapids to go join Bedal in Dortmund. He brought his kids, ex-wife, and mom with him. DeeDee Pulisic confirmed on her Instagram story that all the Pulisics were on their way to Dortmund as well.

Howard stayed in Dortmund until yesterday before returning to Colorado to rejoin the Rapids. The Rapids lost their first game on the season against New England Revolution 2-1 back on March 10 at the Gillet Stadium. Howard will be back in the starting line up in three days as the Rapids take on Sporting KC at Dick's Sporting Good Park.

Pulisic has been playing games, but mainly as a substitute. He did travel with his team to face Hoffenheim. Pulisic said leaving Bedal at this time was incredibly difficult, but it was made easier by the fact that she was with their families.

2. Bedal was injured and miscarried.

Obviously getting run over a car isn't good for anyone. Bedal suffered cracked ribs, a concussion, and a fractured wrist. Pulisic and Howard shared that Bedal had also suffered miscarriage.

Howard expressed his deep sorrow for his younger sister who was so excited to pregnant and looking forward to being a mom. Pulisic said he and Bedal are absolutely heartbroken over the loss of their first baby. While the pregnancy was a complete surprise, it was certainly a welcomed one as Bedal and Pulisic had talked about wanting to start a family together multiple times.

"It just sucks that our baby has been torn away from us because of someone else's stupid decisions. We're just heartbroken over the situation. It's been really difficult to keep on smiling and playing like everything is okay, when in reality nothing is okay," Pulisic said in the video he and Howard released with their statements.

3. The driver has been identified, charges will be pressed, and a warrant for their arrest has been issued.

At the scene, multiple witnesses were able to get the license plate of the car that ran Bedal over and then kept going. The police have been able identify the driver as Dortmund native, Kayla Kauffmann. If you think that name is familiar, that's because this is the same woman who was at the center of a supposed cheating scandal around this time last year.

Howard and Pulisic stated their anger towards Kauffmann for doing something so drastic, while Bedal is distraught that this woman has come for her once again and has taken their baby away from them.

The two have said that charges will be pressed against Kauffmann, but right now, finding Kauffmann is the main focus as she is running from the police. A warrant for her arrest has been issued. Any information on Kauffmann and her location given to the police will come with a reward from Pulisic and Bedal.

"We all just really want Kauffmann to be brought to justice for taking our baby from us," Pulisic said.

We here at US Soccer Family News wish the best to Christian and Hannah at this incredibly difficult time. The link to the full article below again.

www.ussoccer.com/tim-howard-and-christian-pulisic-joint-statement/

Leave thoughts, comments, and well wishes below.