199. US SOCCER FAMILY NEWS

US SOCCER FAMILY NEWS: HANNAH AND IVY PULISIC CHEER ON TIM HOWARD AT COLORADO RAPIDS HOME OPENING GAME. THANK
Posted March 3, 2019
By: Lainey Becks

Yesterday the Colorado Rapids kicked off their 2019 season with a 2-1 win at home against the Portland Timbers. Tim Howard made 8 important saves while Cole Bassett and Keegan Rosenberry scored for the Burgundy boys.

Howard's younger half sister, Hannah Pulisic, and niece, Ivy, were there cheering him and the Colorado Rapids on.

Pulisic joined Howard, Connor Cape, and Jordan Angeli for the Rapids Tailgate Live. The four of them discussed the upcoming season. Howard discussed how well the Rapids new signings were fitting in as well as their homegrown players, Bassett and Sam Vines.

Cape and Angeli couldn't help but ask Pulisic about her husband's transfer to Chelsea. Pulisic played coy and laughed when they brought up how passionately she defended that they were staying in Dortmund.

"Yes, well circumstances change. That seems like such a long time ago. I love Dortmund. We both do, and it's Ivy's first home. It's been great. I like England a lot. I visited T there often. We are looking forward to being in the heart of the country. It's going to be a great adventure for us."

Howard via his InstaStory

Pulisic joined Angeli on the field at half time to talk about her thoughts on the first half. The score at half time was 1-1. Keegan Rosenberry scored the first goal in the sixth minute after an incredible run from Kellyn Acosta. Diego Váleri then tied the game up through a corner kick in the thirty-fifth minute. Pulisic expresses that both sides looked good, and she was glad to see the Rapids focusing on attacking. She noted that Vines with fellow defender, Axel Sjoberg, were pressing forward as well

Pulisic shared snaps of Howard playing during the second half to her Instagram story. From her pictures, we believe that she and Ivy were in a Terrace Tent.

Pulisic via her InstaStory

At the end of the game, she joined senior director of broadcasting and play-by-play announcer, Richard Fleming, and play-by-play announcer and former USMNT defender, Marcelo Balboa, up in the press box to share their thoughts on the game. Pulisic was obviously thrilled with Howard's performance as well as the whole teams'. She was glad to see that they came out and attacked with meaning. She was very excited to answer 'yes' when Fleming asked her if this was a Rapids team she thought fans should be excited about.

Pulisic also did a meet and greet with Kellyn Acosta in the Eighteen Seventy-Six. She took pictures for fans and handed out signed USMNT pictures of her husband.

It was great to see Pulisic and Ivy in Colorado supporting Howard! Leave thoughts and comments below if you meet Pulisic as well as your reactions to the game!