4- Moving on

The next morning Kristy woke up to an empty bed, she grabbed her phone off of the nightstand to see if he had called her back and nothing. She felt hurt, and angry but wasn't going to let it get to her.

She got up and started to make herself some toast and cut up some avocado to put on her toast. She then made herself some coffee and sat at her dining room table, figuring out what she was going to do the rest of the day.

She called Miranda and asked if she would like to meet her at the gym in an hour. She figured that would be the best place to blow off some steam.

Pulling her hair up into a loose bun she grabbed her gym bag and headed for the gym, meeting Miranda in the locker room as she changed her clothes.

"So what happened?" Miranda asked as she walked over to Kristy.

"What do you mean?"

"Well the only time you want to go to the gym with me is when you're upset about something. Is it Christian?"

Kristy took a deep breath and looked at her friend. "I'm confused, really confused and I need to talk to someone about it before I go crazy."

"Why what happened?"

Kristy took her hand and pulled her out to the gym finding a treadmill that wasn't occupied. After they got set up and going Kristy opened up to her.

"I don't know what to do, what to think or how to feel...." She says taking a drink of her water as she walked fast on the machine.

"Well I can't help you if you don't fill me in on what's wrong."

"I must be stupid, the first night that I met Christian, well you know I had him take me home, I slept with him that first night, then didn't hear from him for a few days he then had an excuse he was busy working. But then the last couple weeks we have hung out he has taken me out and we've had sex pretty much everyday. Now last night I made a nice dinner for him and I never heard from him he didn't call or text or get back to me, when I decided to call him one more time his phone was turned off."

"Well... for one you were stupid to sleep with him the first night, I cannot believe that you did that. Secondly you gave into him too quick, he sounds like a player to me. Look at the way he was talking to you and I that night, he was smooth... think about it, have you met his friends yet? Think about what you have done with him the last couple weeks and how he treats you."

"Well he treats me fine, he says all the right words and he acts like I'm all his, but it's true he doesn't want to hang out with anyone but just me, but that's not too strange, it's like he's trying to get to know me more.. I don't know."

"He's got you played, you are giving him everything he wants, of course he's saying the right words, it's working to get in your pants. Is it not?"

"Boy you're a lot of help aren't you." She sighed.

"I'm just looking out for you, if he doesn't call or text you today then you know it's over, but please don't get hurt or upset if it is, there are better guys out there for you."

Kristy sighed and drank some more water as she turned the machine off "I guess you're right, I'll see what happens later. Who knows maybe he was stuck at work."

"What does he do?"

"I-I'm not sure, I guess I never asked."

Miranda's lips tightened and gave Kristy a funny look, she knew in her heart that her friend was being played. "Just promise me that you won't fall into his game any longer. He likes what's between your legs and he knows that you'll give it to him anytime. Be smart."