30- Beginning of a lifetime

"Five thousand dollars? Holy shit!" He says shocked choking on his food.

"I know... I was a little shocked myself when I brought it up to the counter to pay for it." She says looking down at her food, embarassed hoping that he isn't upset on how much she paid for the dress.

"You didn't happen to look?" He says sounding surprised. He then felt bad when he saw her expression, that she looked hurt by his words. "I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound that way, I'm just shocked is all."

"Not exactly." She sighed. "We had been out all day, I was trying on all kinds of dresses, and this one was perfect, I didn't even think about looking at the price until she said how much it was. Do you think that I should return it?"

"I guess all that matters is that you like it, and in all reality it is your day. I'm sure you'll look stunning in it." He smiled trying to get over the cost of the dress. "No.. please don't return it, I didn't mean it that way, I just didn't think that those dresses cost that much, and I've told you before that money doesn't really matter to me, so whatever makes you happy I'm happy."

She laughed and took a bite of her food "Neither did I... well I knew that there were spendy ones out there I just didn't expect it from something that I had picked out. Apparantly I have expensive taste."

"Well I can't wait to see you in it." He grinned. "I'm sure that you'll look beautiful in it... I also have some good news, I got a phone call today and was told that I can pick up my sister's tomorrow."

"That's awesome, then I can take them shopping for their dresses with Kalina." She chuckled when she saw his expression "Don't worry, I'll be making sure of the price before I buy this time."

"Spend whatever you want, if you would like my card you can have that too." He says pulling his wallet out and grabbing a credit card for her, handing it over to her. "Use this, I'd feel much better if you spent my money, I wish you would have called me earlier I would have paid for your dress."

She took the card from his hand and set it on the table next to her. "Thanks, I didn't want to call and bother you, I also didn't want you flipping out over the phone." She giggled. "But I had the money so I just paid for it."

"Well for future refrences when you go out shopping, please take my card, I'd rather buy you what you want with my money than for you to spend your money, save your money.... Just remember what's mine is yours, what's yours is yours right?"

Ainsley laughed and nodded her head "I wouldn't go that far, but if you say so I'm not going to complain." She stood up grabbing her plate, as she walked past Christian she leaned down and kissed him "Thanks for dinner and the flowers. If you hurry up you can have dessert."

Christian did a double take as he watched her wash her plate off and setting it in the sink, without even thinking he quickly got up and cleaned off his plate. Picking her up and carried her off to the bedroom.

*******

Christian and Ainsley stood outside the door of the halfway house waiting for his sister's to come out. He was nervous that they were getting out but yet happy at the same time. He just hoped that this wasn't some act just to get out and that they were true to their word.

While they waited for them to come out one of the psychiatrists that had worked with the girls came outside to talk to them. He believes that the girls still in some small way think that their parents deaths is still their fault, but he also believes that they have moved on from it and that they know that they didn't cause the accident. He doesn't believe that they are a concern anymore, but that they will still make visits with them for at least another year unless a problem arrives.